We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buyer Beware!!! LeReve & Le Club Vacations...

Moncton, Canada
6 posts
Save Topic
Buyer Beware!!! LeReve & Le Club Vacations...

DO NOT BUY INTO THIS!!! We have and I regret it IMMENSELY. ***They lie. We bought 3 floating weeks a year, a 2 bdr kitchenette. ***THE ROOM IS NEVER AVAILABLE!!! ***We asked them to market one of our weeks and NEVER heard hide nor hair about it. ***Now they have CHANGED all the contact telephone numbers. ***LeReve WAS affiliated with DAE, and exchange provider, somewhat like RCI, in which we traded in EVERY LeReve week that we could. NOW WE HAVE BEEN INFORMED BY THE EXCHANGE COMPANY THAT THEY HAVE CANCELLED THEIR CONTRACT WITH LeReve BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT HONORING THE WEEKS. Everytime someone would trade for a week's stay at LeReve, the exchange company was NEVER ABLE TO BOOK THE WEEK...

Playa del Carmen Jungle Tour: Tulum...
103 Reviews
from US$138.99*
Free Cancellation
Rio Secreto Underground River Tour...
135 Reviews
from US$78.99*
Free Cancellation
Chichen Itza, Ek Balam and Cenote...
86 Reviews
from US$110.00*
Free Cancellation
6 replies to this topic
Great Smoky...
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
3,729 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buyer Beware!!! LeReve & Le Club Vacations...

Some of us recommend the ripoff report to people inquiring about businesses worldwide including Mexico. A google search is always a good idea before investing in timeshares and the like. You might have seen this link in doing so. ripoffreport.com/reports/le-reve-hotel-tulip…

If a deal seems to good to be true ... isn't getting your money back so I offer the research planning more as a warning to others versus telling you what you should have done. Over the years I have heard more complaints than referals to timeshares or "timesharks."

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Brooklyn, New York
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Buyer Beware!!! LeReve & Le Club Vacations...

This also happened to me. Lovely tour and empty promises. I purchased 4 weeks, and was to have 2 rented via Fractional rentals. I thought no harm in the rentals. BIG mistake. Fractional rentals disappeared into thin air with the fee they charged.

No one knows anything. After over a million calls Member services Rep. Ana Garcia just informed me that in order to book a few days for myself, I need to pay $100 per person per night. I can get cheaper than that an many other hotels. It does not seem to end. Amazing how they are allowed to do this, with no recourse.

Beware of Alberto Contreras, Martin Salas, Sophia, Carlos, Ana Garcia. BEWARE!!!!

2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Buyer Beware!!! LeReve & Le Club Vacations...

I would like more information about your situation with them Katherine G. Please let me know if and how I could contact you directly. Thanks.

Great Smoky...
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
3,729 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buyer Beware!!! LeReve & Le Club Vacations...

Use the private message feature here. Go to the person you want to send a pvt message to; click on their name then look for pvt message button. Putting a personal email on the forum will get the message deleted. Just sayin'

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buyer Beware!!! LeReve & Le Club Vacations...

Just got he same info, no longer able to use DAE as an exchange /timeshare. What have you done so far? Legal proceedings?

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
1,285 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buyer Beware!!! LeReve & Le Club Vacations...

Thanks for the warning!

Reply to: Buyer Beware!!! LeReve & Le Club Vacations...
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted