We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets Capri vs Royal Playa Del Carmen

NY
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Secrets Capri vs Royal Playa Del Carmen

We were all set to book our honeymoon to Secrets Capri when we saw some reviews for Royal Playa Del Carmen. How do they compare? We are in our late 20's and are looking for some relaxation but also some fun. Is Secrets more of an "reserved" crowd?

Halifax
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Secrets Capri vs Royal Playa Del Carmen

Yes, secrets is more of a "reserved" crowd. You may luck out and find your week at secrets capri is hopping with nightlife and people partying...but i doubt it. It's a fantastic, high end resort with probably better food and service than RPDC, but capri IS, generally speaking, a quiet place where you will probably have a hard time finding any partying past 10:30. If FUN is more important than relaxation then you should stay at RPDC and walk to/explore Playa del carmen some nights.

Like i said, secrets is a fantastic resort, but it is not known for it's nightlife. Hope this helps.

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
1,426 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Secrets Capri vs Royal Playa Del Carmen

Hello lakes)) Congrats on your forthcoming nuptials! Although we are more "mature" in years, my hubby and I like to have some entertainment at a resort. We have stayed at both Secrets Capri and Royal PDC - Secrets, a couple of years ago when it had only been opened for a few months, and Royal in Dec of 2006. Both are very nice with luxury accomodations, food, drink, service, landscaping - but we found the "fun" to be better at Royal. We are "beach people" and like both resorts - tho, I think it is more interesting walking the beach at the Royal and the sea is for sure clearer with more activities. The pool area is gorgeous (as you can see from some photos on reviews). As others have pointed out, Royal is situated IN PDC, so that option is there if you want to explore the shopping, ferry to Cozumel, and nightlife (a short distance to fall back into bed)). We have never returned to the same resort twice (and we've stayed in about 11 of them in the Riviera Maya area), but I'm hoping to visit Royal again in the very near future - enjoyed it so much)). We met lots of friendly people from all over the world when we were there and had a great time (despite the bad weather!).

13. Re: Secrets Capri vs Royal Playa Del Carmen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 13:20