We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

playa grocery stores

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
148 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
playa grocery stores

we are taking my nephew, who will be 16 mos. he only drink soy milk. do the playa grocery stores carry soy milk? also, do they carry diapers and toddler food? tia!

Windsor,Ontario...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: playa grocery stores

Not sure, but it is quite a grocery store...almost like at home in Canada or the U.S. of A. they do have everything there it seems.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
45,481 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: playa grocery stores

My favorite is Chedraui and I believe they will have everything you need.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: playa grocery stores

We thought their grocery stores were very nice. The milk is a little different than here in the United States. It is packaged more like a juice box and NOT in the refrigerated section with the rest of the dairy. Milk is LECHE. (I recognized the Nestle's Quik rabbit on one of the boxes). Yes, I did see soy.

I was told that milk in Mexico is super-pasturized. It is sealed in those containers and will not spoil as long as the box is un-opened. (Like a jar of mayonaise on the grocery store shelf...it is not refrigerated and is fine as long as it is sealed).

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
148 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: playa grocery stores

thank you so much for the responses!

New Windsor, NY
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: playa grocery stores

My daughter only drinks soy milk as well (16 months old). We weren't able to find the soy milk while we were in Cancun last month, but I gave her lactose free milk while we where there and she was fine with it. If your nephew is still eating any baby food I would bring it with you. They have similar food, but the veggies & fruits are a little different....mango, pineapple instead of pears & applesauce what we are used to.

MJo
Spring Grove, IL
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: playa grocery stores

There's also a Wal-Mart.

Port of Spain...
Level Contributor
409 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: playa grocery stores

HI Can someone tell the locations of the Walmart and the Chaudrai in PDC? thanks alot!

MJo
Spring Grove, IL
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: playa grocery stores

They are very close to each other off the main highway (I think the # is 307). You can walk to Wal-Mart from 5th Avenue in Playa (if you're fit). If not, you can take a taxi for a few dollars.

Orange County
Level Contributor
160 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: playa grocery stores

I would try either Mega or Walmart. When we were in Cabo and Maz, Mega carried soymilk.

10. Re: playa grocery stores

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 11:20