We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best rooms to stay at the Sandos Playacar?

Franklin...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Best rooms to stay at the Sandos Playacar?

I am travelling to the Sandos Playacar in April and got a standard room and was wondering if these rooms are good or should I try to upgrade the room. Also are most the rooms King size beds or 2 double beds. Thanks and any info would be greatly appreciated.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
329 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best rooms to stay at the Sandos Playacar?

I think the standard rooms are fine. They are basic but clean. The large shower is very nice.

The upgrade gets you a direct ocean view, and a few perks like prefered dinner reservations and a roped off beach chair area. Neither of which are very necessary as chairs and reservations are not hard to come by. The rooms alternate 2 doulbes in one, a king in the next.

Anything else you want to knw?? We have been there the last two years.

Whitchurch-Stouffvil...
Level Contributor
297 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best rooms to stay at the Sandos Playacar?

we are also going in april and wondered about standard rooms vs. updgrade and glad we chose the standard in that case.

want to pack light - what type of amenities are in the room/shower - shampoo/conditioner/cream etc??

thanks!

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
329 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best rooms to stay at the Sandos Playacar?

shampoo, conditiner, soap, hairdryer for sure and lotion (I think)

Astoria,OR
Level Contributor
327 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best rooms to stay at the Sandos Playacar?

We will be there in April also- how much bottled water is provided (complimentary) we drink alot of water while in Mexico? Is there a little store nearby to purchase water at if needed? We have a direct transport from the airport, how long does it take to arrive at Sandos? Do you know if they have Jack Daniels at the bar? Do they make martinis? OK, I guess this enough-thanks for your time

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
394 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best rooms to stay at the Sandos Playacar?

We stayed in Bldg #1, Rm 1332 last January. It was a standard room with both pool and partial ocean view. It was a great room with 2 double beds and a bench style couch that served as a bed for my daughter who was 8 at the time. Lots of room, and I think we would've been disappointed if we paid the extra $$ to upgrade. Not worth it in my opinion. There is lots of bottled water available- stocked in your room fridge, in the restaurants and at all the bars. It was a nice, small family resort. Our kids (8 &10 then) had a great time. Incidentally, we will be staying right next door at the Iberostar Tucan March 31- Apr 14. Hope you have a great time!

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
394 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best rooms to stay at the Sandos Playacar?

More answers: The ride is between 45 mins to 1 hour, depending on who the tour operator is and how many stops you have to make first. They had all kinds of top shelf liquor, including Jack Daniels. The bartenders will mix whatever you ask them for, including martinis. Sometimes there's a language barrier so you might have to explain what's in the drink, but eventually you'll get what you want. The pool bar was the best when we were there.

Oklahoma City, OK
Level Contributor
617 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best rooms to stay at the Sandos Playacar?

What type of beer is served?

Is there an Adults only pool?

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
329 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best rooms to stay at the Sandos Playacar?

Dos XX beer and there is an adult pool right on the beach's edge.

9. Re: Best rooms to stay at the Sandos Playacar?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 19:20