We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

On line immigration forms

Wales
Level Contributor
151 posts
14 reviews
On line immigration forms

Just filled in on line our immigration forms ,but unlike the ones we normally get handed on plane they have printed out side by side ,not front and back as normal ! All information is on the forms just the actual set up is different are they ok

30 replies to this topic
Great Smoky...
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
3,944 posts
147 reviews
1. Re: On line immigration forms

Yes they are fine.

Using the search box, above, typing in online immigration form will get you hundreds of threads on this topic including this link: https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g15081…

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
339 posts
113 reviews
2. Re: On line immigration forms

yep, totally fine. Just used one (printed out side by side as well), a few days ago without any issues.

Wales
Level Contributor
151 posts
14 reviews
3. Re: On line immigration forms

Thanks

Kitchener, Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: On line immigration forms

Had no issue with ours. However, the immigration officer made my husband tear them in half to keep the other portion for the return. No way was she doing it

Wales
Level Contributor
151 posts
14 reviews
5. Re: On line immigration forms

Thanks

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,194 posts
93 reviews
6. Re: On line immigration forms

Do the airlines no longer provide? Wondering why this is done?

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
17 reviews
7. Re: On line immigration forms

They do still provide them, but sometimes they run out on the plane. You can also fill them out when you land at the airport. I did ours by hand last trip and I took me all of 3 mins to do two of them while waiting for our bag.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
14,613 posts
60 reviews
8. Re: On line immigration forms

They had none on the plane a few times in the past couple of years. I read the reason is there are shortages but also that the Mx gov't is charging for them now- not sure what's the case, but I now fill out the online forms every trip (last 3 now) and have had zero issues.

The one problem is that if your passport expires within 180 days of trip date, the online form will not allow you to continue. Mexican law is only that your passport needs to be valid for the trip duration, so not sure why this is so- but in that case, you will just have to get one on the plane or at the airport.

Seattle
Level Contributor
2,095 posts
2 reviews
9. Re: On line immigration forms

Nov 15th 2017 we used the Online Printed form and our Immigration agent would not accept it and required us to use the one on the plane. Fortunately I told my wife to also fill those out just in case so we were prepared. The Online form is not guaranteed to work

Jalisco, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Rincon de Guayabitos
Level Contributor
5,363 posts
16 reviews
10. Re: On line immigration forms

I crossed by land with a pre paid and printed FMM, the immigration agent had no problem accepting it and even had a ruler to help with dividing it.........

Reply to: On line immigration forms
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted