We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheapcarribean.com

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
18 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
cheapcarribean.com

Has anyone booked on cheapcarribean.com. what was your experience like?

Boston
Level Contributor
352 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: cheapcarribean.com

We used cheapcarribean.com a few years ago to go to the Bahamas. It was a last-minute deal. They were fine. No problems. (Didn't love the Bahamas though.)

Mentioned in this post
Bahamas
Bahamas
Caribbean
somers point, nj
Level Contributor
268 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: cheapcarribean.com

Hi kymmie,

We booked our Jamaica trip through them this past January and they were wonderful. I really can't say enough about their great service. They also paid for our passports as a promotion they were running and a $100 coupon good for our next trip. We had gone to a brand new AI in Jamaica that had only been open for 3 weeks and it was such a disaster, that I called cheapcarribean our third day there to see if they could switch us to another hotel. Within a half hour, they had made the switch along with all the reservations etc.... Sometimes I plan trips without a travel agent but I was sure glad I had booked through an agent that time. I cannot say enough about how easy and accomodating they were. I have also booked through Apple and they were good too, but not as personable. For my spring break trip, I booked it on the internet without a travel agent. Wish me luck and I hope your trips is great!

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
boston, ma
Level Contributor
2,074 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cheapcarribean.com

I used them 2 yrs ago to book a punta cana trip & used them again to book the Royal this april. No problems last time around so I am hoping this time is the same. They were very easy to reach by phone if you have any specific questions. One thing I like is that travel insurance is now included with all their packages, so the low prices you see include that as well. I saw they had been offering passport reimbursement which, if you need one, is a great deal.

nyc
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cheapcarribean.com

You have to be careful with cheapcaribbean,they offer specials at certain dates and resorts,but other than that they are usually more expensive then Apple,funjet etc.Also check to see what kinda insurance included,Emergency air vac is expensive.

NEW JERSEY
Level Contributor
222 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: cheapcarribean.com

We just used cheapcarribean.com for our trip to la Romana, DR in March 2007

The price was much cheaper than Apple, Expedia, etc.

We had a great experience with them!

We also got 2 seperate discounts-one that I received from a post on here (a promotion code) and another for a sale they had on trips to DR.

We also booked private transfers through them and everything worked out great! Good Luck!

nyc
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cheapcarribean.com

Like i said before,it all depends on what resorts you book,they had Barbados last month 7 days,air,hotel,transfer and breakfast from Miami for $499.00,now thats a deal!You have to get it while it's hot.My package for PDC in June through Apple was $200 less that cheapcaribbean.

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Bluffton, South...
Level Contributor
3,080 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: cheapcarribean.com

kymmie,

I've used them before and had very good success with them. And I found that their follow up service if you need them on their toll free number is excellent.

A note about Apple. Not all Apple agents are the same nor do they give the same price. I used Apple in Feb. to the Riu Tequila but did not use my local Apple rep because I wasn't confident in them. I found another Apple Rep who, in my opinion, is tops.

Best of luck,

John

oz
Level Contributor
4,474 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cheapcarribean.com

i am so happy to hear all the good reviews for them. i used cheapcarribean for my up coming trip in may and was alittle worried. no i can relax before i go RELAX

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
18 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cheapcarribean.com

Thanks so much for all of your advice!! It makes me feel a bit more relaxed. We were planning on going to the Royal playa del carmen in mexico. Got the price from Liberty and Cheapcarribean was 300 dollars cheaper, and it included the insurance (that I would have to by 89 each more through liberty!) Would cheapcarribean work with me, if by chance (and I hope not) that we missed our connecting flight and had to stay an extra night somewhere. Could I call them to see if they would switch my days in Mexico to a day longer....do they do things like that??

nyc
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: cheapcarribean.com

No travel company does that,because there is a penalty charge with the airlines,you did not say where your connection is,you need at least an hour in between flights to be on the safe side.