We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night life at The Royal Playa del Carmen

Hartford, Ct
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Night life at The Royal Playa del Carmen

My husband and I are planning a trip to mexico in november. We have stayed at Secrets Capri and Adventura Spa Palace, but wanted to stay at The Royal this time. We enjoy having a few drinks and a little dancing after dinner does anyone know how the night life is at this resort????

Maryland
Level Contributor
699 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Night life at The Royal Playa del Carmen

We're going to the Royal later on this year also for the first time. From what I've heard there is not much night life AT the resort, but just steps away on 5th Ave. there are plenty places for dancing partying, etc. Actually, that is why we chose the Royal, for the closeness to town.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
357 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Night life at The Royal Playa del Carmen

We've been to the Royal and I would say that the nightlife at the resort is no better or worse than other AI resorts...except maybe those that cater to a younger crowd and have a disco. The Royal is a great place to have a few drinks after dinner...the atmosphere is great outside at the tequila bar or at the lobby bar....then, if you're looking for some dancing, there are plenty of places on and off 5th...and that's only a 2 minute walk.

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
1,436 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Night life at The Royal Playa del Carmen

As Conrad said, having a drink after dinner is easy at lobby or tequilla bar. We were there in Dec 06 and there was a band playing in the lobby nearly every evening and you could dance if you wanted to - which we did on several occasions! I think it depends on the crowd that is there and how comfortable you are starting the party off!)). There is also a show most nights in the large ballroom off the lobby they use as a "theatre"; this lasts about an hour and they have a temporary bar set up in there as well. Most of the shows we thought were very good. The band is usually playing while the show is on, so you have a choice - tho music usually stops at 11pm (think it's because the lobby is open and the sound carries to the rooms). We met nice, fun people and had no problem enjoying ourselves at the resort in the evening)) 5th Avenue is just a quick stagger away if you want to continue the festivities)). Highly recommend this resort.

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
66 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Night life at The Royal Playa del Carmen

We just got back from the Royal on Saturday. I agree with the other posts about going down 5th Ave and finding whatever you're looking for. One night we went to the Blue Parrot - from 5th Ave, go down 12th towards the beach. It's right on the beach - loud music, no cover, lots of young people dancing and a "fireshow" at 11:30 or so worth checking out. There are a few other clubs in that area but I'm not sure the name of the street. Have fun!

5. Re: Night life at The Royal Playa del Carmen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 06:25