We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from Riu Yucatan (April 15)

des moines, ia
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Just back from Riu Yucatan (April 15)

I just got back from the Yucatan on April 15th, from my destination wedding.

I will be posting my review on Tripsdvisor shortly, but if there are any specific questions I'll try to answer them.

Have a good one!

London,England
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back from Riu Yucatan (April 15)

looking forward to review how did the yucatan compare to the tequila

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
538 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back from Riu Yucatan (April 15)

Did you have a wonderful time, I hope? What was the condition of the beach? Was the resort crowded? How many Spring Breakers and children?

Twin Cities...
Level Contributor
155 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back from Riu Yucatan (April 15)

Congratulations on your wedding ! Looking forward to your review.

des moines, ia
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just back from Riu Yucatan (April 15)

Spring breakers were limited, but there were still more kids than I thought I would see there. As far as being crowded, I don't really have a reference point, but I never really felt that it was crowded.

The beach...the beach is another matter. I will comment on it more in my review, but it was not what I was expecting and appears to be deteriorating quickly. The beach "shrunk" by nearly 20 feet during the time we were there. Which means that the 3 to 4 foot sand cliff where the beach used to be was eaten away at least 20 feet while we were there and two rows of palm trees fell or were moved. The last day/night was the worst as at least 6-7 feet was eaten away. I will have pictures with my review.

However it is still in better shape than its neighbors to the north.

chigwell, essex. uk
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just back from Riu Yucatan (April 15)

Youngatty,

So sad to hear the beach is still deteriorating. We go to the Tequila in July, I was hoping to hear that things were gradually improving regarding beach erosion. This is a first time holiday to Mexico and there are 38 of us going. Our expectations of a fantastic beach, were one of the reasons we booked, over 8 months ago.

Still whatever happens, we will make the best of the holiday.

Looking forward to your review.

Lorraine

6. Re: Just back from Riu Yucatan (April 15)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 10:22