We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just back from Gran Porto Real/Royal Real

Canada
Level Contributor
77 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
just back from Gran Porto Real/Royal Real

If anyone has any questions on either resort, this was our second visit to the Porto Real, we had a Jr Suite OV room 341 looked right up the beach toward the Cozumel Ferry Dock, our friends were at the Royal, they loved it, both resorts are sharing resturants and pools,but that will be changing very shortly,while we were there the Royal changed their beach towels and wrists bands mid week. The weather was hot and humid at the beginning of the week then changed, it was 19 C deg one morning, and the evenings felt good wearing a sweater,I remember it being hotter last year,but we had a wonderful vacation at our favourite place.

Ohio
Level Contributor
116 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: just back from Gran Porto Real/Royal Real

Is the Royal finally completed? How's the construction.

Canada
Level Contributor
77 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: just back from Gran Porto Real/Royal Real

No the Royal is not finished, give it another year?? we were there this time last year and there has been a lot of progress,but they are working on the front entrance which is going to be very impressive, and another wing or two,but probably still be months before completion. The room our friends stayed in was gorgeous, white brocade bedspread,white brocade setee with peach accents, a dressing area, very nice.

Washington DC
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: just back from Gran Porto Real/Royal Real

What is the most affordable/reliable way to book a stay at the Gran/Royal? I've noticed that many travel agents who book the larger resorts don't book the Real Resorts. Any suggestions?

Ohio
Level Contributor
116 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: just back from Gran Porto Real/Royal Real

I used Travel-center last year and had no problems. Better pricing than Bestday or other sites I checked out.

Canada
Level Contributor
77 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: just back from Gran Porto Real/Royal Real

We used Air Canada Vacations but booked through our local Travel Agent,you can book the Real through their website.

Arkansas
Level Contributor
321 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: just back from Gran Porto Real/Royal Real

i'm booked at gran porto in late july. do you know if i will be able to use the pool, resturants, beach, ect. at the royal porto?

Canada
Level Contributor
77 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: just back from Gran Porto Real/Royal Real

I am not sure if the Porto Real and the Royal will still be sharing pools,restaurants, there is only 12 restaurant open at the Royal it is the Caribbean, excellent sit down service, gourmet meals...really incredible..when we were leaving they had just changed over from using the same towels and yellow wrist bands as the Porto Real..the pool at the Royal has lots of sun tan beds in the water and wading pool for kids...swim up bar, the beach at the Royal has lots of palapas..no rocks in the water, but we found it very windy on that side, in fact by the breakwater, they had been using this area for on the beach wedding receptions,one night they had to move all the tables,etc down in front of the Porto Real where it wasnt as windy...accoridng to the website says Royal's grand opening is May 2005..well they better speed up the construction..

Canada
Level Contributor
77 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: just back from Gran Porto Real/Royal Real

Sorry I meant to say only 1 restaurant open at the Royal...

chicaqo
Level Contributor
108 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: just back from Gran Porto Real/Royal Real

How far is the GPR from the famous 5th avenue shopping and dining area? Also, how far north of the ferry docks? thanks!

England
Level Contributor
245 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: just back from Gran Porto Real/Royal Real

Can you give the weblink please? I have tried to get it but can't seem to find it - every other hotel excpet that one!

Thanks