We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental in PDC??

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
97 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Car Rental in PDC??

I've been looking into renting a car while in PDC (not from the airport) but when we get to the hotel. I've checked some prices and it seems most companies quote you the rate with everything included ie..Ins, taxes and such - and the rate you pay is all you have to worry about becasue its unlimited miles. Just wondering if this is correct. We just want to cruise to some of the beaches in the area without going on a tour.

Also, is driving very tough to do in mexico (PDC area)? We are from small town Nebraska and don't really have to drive extremely defensive. I know there are some rules about left turns and such but it seems to be just like driving anywhere else with a larger population.

any advice!!

Exotik Mayan Tours
Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Archaeology Tours
Mercanti Viaggi
Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
KayTours
Scuba & Snorkeling, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Archaeology Tours
Paseo Tours
Sightseeing Tours
kansas city
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental in PDC??

have a cocktail and take a cab-much more fun than worrying about driving!!

Embarrass, Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,767 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rental in PDC??

If it is your first time in Mexico or the PDC area than don't rent a car! IMHO ....there is plenty of public transportation and always taxis which are inexpensive.

You can take a lot of public transport to add up to a day or two of car rental. It is just not worth the hassle. Remember you have to park that thing (some places charge) as PDC is mainly pedestrian walkways, and put gas in it ...and there is always the problem of dents or theft. Remember they don't let you out of the country until you settle up your bill. And if you want the freedom of an adult beverage you certainly do not want to be driving.

Cruising beaches is no problem...bus goes to the Akumal and Tulum area....to Puerto Moreles and Cancun ...and I'll wager you an adult beverage you will find plenty of beach right there in PDC.

If you are "conservative" and wear red the potential cost is just too high!

3. Re: Car Rental in PDC??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 17:18