We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just curious or maybe bored!

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
2,955 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Just curious or maybe bored!

Many people post about meeting up with fellow TA members. Anyone actually done it? I did my first year with one member but never worked out after that.

boston, ma
Level Contributor
2,074 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just curious or maybe bored!

We actually did end up meeting up with a fellow TA couple this past vacation. Ended up hitting it off & are hopefully planning another trip next year same time!

Ormond Beach...
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just curious or maybe bored!

We met another couple for a drink at the bar and ended up taking a day trip with them and having a great time!

Martinsburg, West...
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just curious or maybe bored!

We met on person from TA and had a good time. Also met a couple while we were at our resort and have stayed friends since. In fact we are going to visit them this summer at there home in Manhattan.

Erie, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,144 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just curious or maybe bored!

Last trip to the Riu Palace Mexico I met a couple through TA. We spent several evenings in the Plaza and we send each other messages through TA now and then. They were delightful. Also met a couple through playa.info on same trip. They left the day after we arrived. Seemed very nice though.

Upstate NY
Level Contributor
77 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just curious or maybe bored!

Playa.info has alot of info on peep fests. We had our excursion the day of ours, did not feel like going downtown that night. They usually meet at The Beer Bucket once a week, or it looks to be that common. We did meet a guy from the forums at our resort. Ian (headhoncho) was from the UK. I recognized his picture from the forum. It was nice to talk to someone I had been chatting with for a few weeks online.

Texas
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just curious or maybe bored!

Good times..we will be in Playa on June 11-18..staying at the sandos playa..so..where to meet? let me know.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
9,502 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just curious or maybe bored!

Yes. My Place in Cancun has TA night every Monday night. It's such a great place. The owners, Janet and Joe are from upstate NY and run a great bar/restaurant. They treat you like family. It's a place not to be missed!!

8. Re: Just curious or maybe bored!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 04:17