We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheap carribean.com

mississippi
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Topic
cheap carribean.com

i just booked a resort (sandos caracol beach resort). It was so much cheaper than I could find anywhere else now I am worried something has to be wrong. th ole saying if it is too good to be true it usually is hits me......any one out there use cheap carribean.com to book. The rewiews on the resort sound pretty good and I used points to fly. Thanks for any input.

Wakefield, Ma
Level Contributor
6,432 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cheap carribean.com

Although I myself haven't used cheapcaribean.com I've read several times that they beat the price of other travel companies. I've never read anything bad about them. They seem legit. Have a great time!

Toronto
Level Contributor
662 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cheap carribean.com

I wouldn't worry about it ezmony.

I'm assuming you got a selloff price?

There are a huge variety of reasons that can cause the price of a vacation to be massively discounted ...

Some factors:

1) Not enough people booked on the flight (flight ticket discounted)

2) Not enough people booked to the hotel (hotel price discounted)

3) Travel Company discounts, deals of the day/week

4) Combination of 1, 2 and 3

Note that none of these factors have anything to do with the quality of the hotel.

The bottom line is that it's better for the hotel/airline/travel company to get SOME money rather than nothing ... thus the last minute discounts and sell offs. I myself just got an incredible deal to a RIU ...

boston,ma
Level Contributor
153 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cheap carribean.com

Hi Ez

we have used them twice and there were no problems at all.

no worries:) Be happy with your deal and enjoy your vaca!!!!

Have fun

boston, ma
Level Contributor
2,074 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cheap carribean.com

We used them last yr for the Royal & a couple of yrs before that for Punta Cana because they were the cheapest. They are legit & easy to contact by phone if you have any questions. We had no problems either time.

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
mississippi
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: cheap carribean.com

thanks for the responses I will sleep better knowing they are legit and i will have a place to hang out when i get to playa.be there in 30 days.....ez

Clifton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
803 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cheap carribean.com

I've used cheapcaribbean.com to go to Cabo . great price and service was fine. No problems at all. I check them all the time as they have some of the lowest prices and best schedules on air.

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Bluffton, South...
Level Contributor
3,080 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: cheap carribean.com

Two words....Great Company!

John

West Jordan, Utah
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cheap carribean.com

I saw some bad reviews of Cheap Caribbean's service.....on their own forum.

Well, at least they are honest. If someone has a complaint about them; they leave it up so everyone can see it.

I noticed that they had some good deals for the Caracol. They had a Kids Eat and Stay free deal. So there may be a lot of kids there.

Here's my theory:

-A few months ago, the nearby Mandarin was remodeling; and cut their rates to attract people during the construction.

-So people who didn't mind a little construction overlooked the Caracol for the Mandarin.

-Now, the Caracol is dropping its rates to try to catch up with the Mandarin.

I may be wrong, but it's plausible.

nyc
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cheap carribean.com

They flash cheap prices,but thats without taxes,they do have some great last minute deals.

boston, ma
Level Contributor
2,074 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: cheap carribean.com

Most of the advertised prices on every site I've seen are not including taxes & fees - whenever price comparing go all the way through as far as you can to get the price (which will include all taxes & fees) - I always compare apples to apples.