We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

booked trip online, about time, now what do i do?

United States
Level Contributor
154 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
booked trip online, about time, now what do i do?

Ok, so I recently booked my trip online. I got a confimation itinerary email sent to me with all the info. So now what do I need to do from here?

Ive never booked a trip online. My trip is like just a hair of 2 weeks away. I emailed the resort we are staying at earlier to make sure they had my reservation with my confirmation number.

What all else should I do? Would i need to check-in online for my flights, do i need to call the transfer shuttle company in cancun to varify they have my confirmation also, etc.

Im just kinda at a loss of what all I need to get out of the way to make sure i am 100% ready within 2 weeks of leaving.

Help the first time flier, out of U.S.'er, and also first time online booker!!

Thanks

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,602 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: booked trip online, about time, now what do i do?

What company did you book it with?

Federal Way...
Level Contributor
97 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: booked trip online, about time, now what do i do?

If you have booked with either Expedia or Travelocity I can tell you that their customer service is excellent. Just give them a quick call with your booking number ready and they will happily answer any questions you have. I have used them both over the years and never ever had any problem with my flights or reservations. Just relax and get ready to have fun!

United States
Level Contributor
154 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: booked trip online, about time, now what do i do?

i booked with Travelocity.

Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: booked trip online, about time, now what do i do?

You should be just fine. We've booked online many times without any problems. Travelocity will take care of you I'm sure. ou've done the hard stuff. Now comes the easy part........packing!

United States
Level Contributor
154 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: booked trip online, about time, now what do i do?

what do i need to do about transfers?? i bought transfers too..but do i have to contact anyone about them??

Medford, New Jersey
Level Contributor
298 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: booked trip online, about time, now what do i do?

Definitely contact the airort to hotel transfer company. Find out exactly where to meet with them in the airport, and dont speak to anyone else while in the airport. There are time share sharks and rip off men of all types trying to get everything from your time to your luggage to your money while you are in the airport.

Once you have confirmed with the hotel, airline, and transfer company, you should be good. Is it your first time flying ever? What airport are you flying from? Many of us on TA travel often for business or pleasure and may be able to help you with getting through your local airport.

Paul G.

Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: booked trip online, about time, now what do i do?

I agree with gulfstream. When you leave the airport, you'll go thru several people trying to get you to come with them to sell you a time share, etc... The polite thing to do with these people is politely say No, gracias and keep walking. Remember they;re just trying to do their jobs. Your driver will be OUTSIDE, I repeat OUTSIDE the airport with a sign stating the name of your travel company or transfer company, maybe even your resort name. They'll check several times to be sure your on the right bus. Once you get on the bus, relax, buy a drink from the nice man that sells them and start you much deserved vacation.

United States
Level Contributor
154 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: booked trip online, about time, now what do i do?

so, is it common practice to contact the airline?

I will have to try to find the number for the transfer agency.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,602 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: booked trip online, about time, now what do i do?

Ask the airline if you can pre-reserve your seating assignment.

Medford, New Jersey
Level Contributor
298 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: booked trip online, about time, now what do i do?

You can check in and print your boarding passes within 24 hrs of your flight online with most all airlines. I travel regularly for work and I almost never see a check in counter unless there are problems with my flight.

I check in and print my boarding passes before I leave my home. I do the same thing at the hotel concierge or business center before I return home. When you print your boarding passes you will have the option to select your seats at that time.

Then I go to the airport baggage check-in automated kiosk and check my bags there. I check and tag my bags, load them on the area next to the counter and I'm done. I have priority check in, security and boarding with USAIR and I still almost never speak to a human being. Calling the airline may be a good idea to be sure you are properly booked, but they cannot check you in or assign seats until you are within 24 hrs of your flight.

Paul G.