We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Silly question but just have to ask

new york
Level Contributor
39 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Silly question but just have to ask

what is it like with single girls hitting on males that are there with their girlfriends or wives?

United States
Level Contributor
154 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Silly question but just have to ask

are you worried about that? surely girls are more curtious than that when wives or significant others are around...even here in the US i would only expect that outta party areas such as Panama City, or myrtle beach, etc.....and thats usually just the men that do it.....

Mentioned in this post
Panama City
Panama City
Panama Province, Panama
new york
Level Contributor
39 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Silly question but just have to ask

there have been instances where the singles have been downright disrepectful in their flirting with men they know are attached...i asked one gal why does she do it and she said she does it to get the ladyfriend or wife jealous!

Medford, New Jersey
Level Contributor
298 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Silly question but just have to ask

"there have been instances where the singles have been downright disrepectful in their flirting with men they know are attached...i asked one gal why does she do it and she said she does it to get the ladyfriend or wife jealous!"

It obviously worked. I have been hit on from NJ to Mexico to Europe. My wife just laughs. She's flattered, and she trusts me. If you are mad or worried that some woman is going to hit on your husband, do you have a reason to be worried.

If you want to turn the tables on them, let them hit on your man and ignore them. That will make them more jealous of you than you could ever be of them, because at the end of the day they know who your man will be with and try as they may they did not get a rise out of you.

Paul G.

new york
Level Contributor
39 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Silly question but just have to ask

Sounds like ignoring is the thing to do!

Medford, New Jersey
Level Contributor
298 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Silly question but just have to ask

Absolutely!!

Ignore them!!

Two years ago in the Dominican Republic at Sercet's PC there was this German Paris Hilton Wannabe vacationing with a man older than my deceased father.

She followed me around the resort for two days. Instead of getting mad or confrotational, Mrs G. ignored her and then draped herself all over me like a plastic sofa cover. You could actually see how jealous frauhlien flirtatious became.

Now mind you, I'm no Brad Pitt, and I married very well. Generally speaking my wife is a far better looking woman than I am a man. Which I believe sometimes explains why some women feel compelled to flirt with me.

Also, I have found this strange european phenomenon (saw it agin in Brussel's last weekend) where 60+ year old men vacation with very attractive 20 something women. I realize that US men often dump their wives for younger women, but the age disparity for many of these euro couple is astromonical, and the younger women are very flirtatious. What's up with that? Any Euro couple care to comment?

Paul G.

Mentioned in this post
Lancaster...
Level Contributor
924 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Silly question but just have to ask

More importantly, tell me where this happened so I can stay FAR away from there!! The idea of an attractive woman hitting on me with my wife present is repulsive...

new york
Level Contributor
39 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Silly question but just have to ask

Paradise Island, Bahamas!

Mentioned in this post
Bahamas
Bahamas
Caribbean
Wellington, Florida
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Silly question but just have to ask

This happens to me all the time too, only the women aren't all that attractive and I figure half of them are hookers. Especially in Vegas if he's at the tables and I'm at the slots. I don't get jealous. Sometimes I'll pretend to be a competing hooker . I feel sorry for my husband - he's real good looking and guys even hit on him. I usually sit in the distance and crack up.

Mentioned in this post
Lancaster...
Level Contributor
924 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Silly question but just have to ask

Does anyone know a good resort on Paradise Island??

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Silly question but just have to ask

I agree, the best 'in your face' to the offender would be to be all over your husband/boyfriend (tastefully, of course) and make sure you give him plenty of good kisses for her to witness and a few hiney rubs. Maybe even excuse yourselves for a little "room" time.