We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PDC in December

MN
Level Contributor
164 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
PDC in December

For those who have traveled or is traveling in December, what sites and deals are good? I know that can be a vague question but I'm wondering what is a good price point for traveling during that month for a 3.5 star and up AI? If you fly out of Minneapolis, I definately would appreciate any feedback as well as anyone from other cities. Also, when is a good time to book a trip?. A lot of sites are still pushing the end of summer and fall deals but when do winter deals start to pop up on a more regular basis? Thanks

Minnesota
Level Contributor
538 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PDC in December

I've already booked my trip for December. I asked a similar question about that awhile ago and many of my responses were that people already booked. I guess December (we're going over xmas) is pretty busy there. I found good airfare on NWA.com but for trips check with hobbittravel, funjet, worryfree, and then check the particular sites for those hotels and airlines. Hope that helps.

Georgia
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: PDC in December

We just booked our airfare for December thru cheapflights.com.

MN
Level Contributor
164 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PDC in December

Thanks for the responses. I thought December was slow except for right around the holidays. We are planning on going Dec. 14th - 21st and with that would you recommend booking something soon? Thanks

Georgia
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: PDC in December

We are going the week prior to that and I just booked our flights. I had been checking the prices daily. Once I found it was going up slightly I went ahead and just paid the price. I would rather go ahead and do it now instead of waiting and possibly paying alot more. But that is just my personal opinion. Besides, I really wanted it out of the way so I could enjoy the next few months before my vacation. :)

bemidji minnesota
Level Contributor
7,498 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: PDC in December

I'm another one who believes in booking early when you find a price that doesn't kill you. Anytime you can get nonstop airfare out of Minneapolis for around $400.00( in a popular month) I would take it. The waiting game...watching all the airfare sites daily...isn't a lot of fun. I'm booked for early January and can relax now. (of course we are traveling in a herd of 13 so seat availablity was important to us too)

United States
Destination Expert
for Copper Harbor
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: PDC in December

With only 6 mos. to go I'm one of the many that suggest that you book now. The best rooms, especially at smaller hotels, are already gone. We went a few weeks before xmas last year and the airfare (from MSP) was about $200 less than at xmas when we are going this year.

Wakefield, Ma
Level Contributor
6,432 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: PDC in December

I would suggest booking now but book with either Funjet or Apple and buy the extra insurance (about $69 per person). Then you can sit and relax but keep checking their prices (every week) especially at the end of August and into Septempber or so and if you see the same vacation (same exact flight, time and resort) for cheaper (which I think you will as long as it's not Christmas week) then they will give you the refund for the difference. Just check before you book that the insurance does this. There is obviously a cut off date and you want to make sure you ask them what it is (probably a month and a half to 2 months before you leave.)

MN
Level Contributor
164 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: PDC in December

I am convinced. I'll be reserving soon I'm thinking. Thanks to everyone.

Chicago, IL.
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: PDC in December

Sholmquist

My husband and I are going those exact dates! we're staying at the Royal in PDC. we booked a long time ago through out AA membership

bemidji minnesota
Level Contributor
7,498 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: PDC in December

AA....or triple A? Just wondering......