We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone been to the Sandos Caracol Beach Resort?

Nottingham, UK
Level Contributor
26 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone been to the Sandos Caracol Beach Resort?

We are thinking of going to the Sandos Caracol Beach Resort, near Playa del Carmen at the beginning of September. Can anyone tell me what the hotel is like? We are a much travelled mature couple but have never been to Mexico. We have heard conflicting reports on Mexico in general - some saying it is just 18 - 30's - disco's and rowdy, others say it's great. I would like to know what to expect from Mexico and this hotel in particular. My husband is keen to go to see the Mayan ruins, but we do like our creature comforts, nice hotel, good service, nice pool, preferably one separate to those where the pool games are played, and good food. We are not fuddy duddy but obviously do not want to be disco -ing and drinking until 3.00 in the morning! We like to sightsee and relax in comfortable surroundings inbetween. Can anyone give me an insight please? Also will mosquitos be a problem at this time of year?

Thanks

Leeds, West...
Level Contributor
475 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone been to the Sandos Caracol Beach Resort?

We are fly out to the Sandos carocol in September and to be honest i have had some very good reports about this hotel their is the odd one that is not but that is very few. Even the Travel agents said how nice it was and had personally been and also numerous websites we have visited.

The reports about it been rowdy are more the Cancun area and to be honest reading your post you want the same things me and my partner do hence why we are going to this location and hotel. I could of wrote your post myself

i myself are a bit concerned about the mozi's but top tip buy a mozi spray that has alot of deet in it its more expensive than the rest but believe me it works and the little pests will leave you alone the higher the deet the better. Be sure to put it on everyday thou.

We cant wait to go to Mexico and know that we have booked a good area and resort and look forward to sightseeing the ruins. This website is great for all tips etc so keep posted and if i get any more info on mozi's etc i will let you know

Michelle

Leeds x

glasgow
Level Contributor
232 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone been to the Sandos Caracol Beach Resort?

Hi i went in June and thought it was excellent there is a disco on sight nowhere near the rooms though.

I totally recommend it the food was great and so were the staff.

Any questions send a message to me

3. Re: Has anyone been to the Sandos Caracol Beach Resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 13:20