We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oh no!

Shelton, Connecticut
Level Contributor
94 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Oh no!

So I just recently got back from my first AI trip at RPDC.....and I think I've ruined myself for all others! I've began to look for my next trip in other destinations that have all-inclusive resorts but compared to the Royal.....everything looks so shabby. Any suggestions would be welcomed. I'm looking for beachfront property, good food and booze choices........you know, perfection. Send me anywhere, I'm game!

Cancun
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Oh no!

There is always the Royal in Cancun! :-)

New York
Level Contributor
540 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oh no!

So go Back. If you liked it so much why change?

London, United...
Level Contributor
511 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oh no!

you cant go wong in any iberostar - im on my 5th!

boston, ma
Level Contributor
2,074 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oh no!

I feel exactly the same way! Our solution is returning to the Royal:)

Canal Winchester...
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oh no!

We stayed at the Royal for our first trip to Playa, and echo your sentiments. We will stay at the Riu Palace Mexico for our upcoming trip (Sept 1 thru 9), and feel that the RPM will have to be absolutely spectacular in all regards to top our first visit. We especially liked the Royal's beach and location, and our 1st floor oceanfront suite (the one right next to the swim-up bar) was the most luxurious room ever.

Johnson City, TN
Level Contributor
453 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Oh no!

Since you are looking for another destination try Punta Cana, DR. The Majestic and the Riu Palace Punta Cana are both very nice. The beaches are wonderful in DR.

Shelton, Connecticut
Level Contributor
94 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Oh no!

Thanks everybody!

8. Re: Oh no!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 07:19