We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

US dollard.....

Quebec
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Topic
US dollard.....

can i bring us money????? is it ok....or i need peso????

UK
Level Contributor
440 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: US dollard.....

Last year we took half and half of dollars and pesos as we werent too sure but everywhere we went was willing to accept either. This year I think we will just get a small amount of pesos just incase we do come across anywhere that doesn't accept dollars.

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
924 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: US dollard.....

For non-Americans, the answer is simple--bring Pesos!

For Americans (having followed the peso/dollar debate in these forums) it seems that bringing dollars for tips are more convenient for the traveler as lower denominations of pesos can be tough to come by. For the Mexican that gets dollars as tips, they can still use them but many times have to convert to pesos.

So if you have USD you can bring and use them but wouldnt get any additional USD unless somehow you are making out on exchange rates...

Eau Claire...
Destination Expert
for Copper Harbor
Level Contributor
2,541 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: US dollard.....

If you're Canadian is it just as easy to get pesos as USD? If you have Canadian dollars why not just exchange them for pesos in Mexico or use your ATM card? I imagine that you would lose some anount in exchanging Canadian for USD...right?

I'm of the mind that the currency of Mexico is the Peso so....Pesos it is!!

kansas city
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: US dollard.....

if you can use pesos. if you tip in dollars the locals have to spend time in long lines at the bank to convert. More fun to use pesos!!

5. Re: US dollard.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 01:17