We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling from MSP to CUN over xmas via NWA OVERBOOKED!!

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Eau Claire...
Destination Expert
for Copper Harbor
Level Contributor
2,534 posts
250 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling from MSP to CUN over xmas via NWA OVERBOOKED!!

Hola to all travelling to PDC via MSP,

We got a phone call from NWA yesterday informing us that they "way overbooked" our flight to CUN leaving 12/22. They offered us a $300 credit (per traveller) to take a flight leaving 40 minutes later. (We couldn't turn down that deal). The agent told me that they have opened up more flights to CUN over the holidays and that some earlier flights (like ours) are now overbooked. Hopefully all you "upper midwesterners" travel plans will be O.K.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
535 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling from MSP to CUN over xmas via NWA OVERBOOKED!!

We're leaving 12/21 from MSP to CUN through NWA... Maybe we'll get a discount too? We were suppose to leave on 12/22 but the prices were too high and I found a great deal so we moved it back one day! I am always up for a change as long as they give you the right compensation for it. : )

Adalusia
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling from MSP to CUN over xmas via NWA OVERBOOKED!!

Let's see

$300 for 40 minutes...

That's only $7.20 per minute - or a mere $450 per hour.

And you accepted that!?!??!

(We may have to book an early flight on the 22nd next year)

Minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
3,496 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling from MSP to CUN over xmas via NWA OVERBOOKED!!

I'm shocked that they pro-actively reached out to you, and did it so far in advance... SHOCKED.

I've never been bumped, and never been on a flight where they were looking for people to bump. I kind of want to get bumped once if the timing was ok for me, to get some of the perks.

4. Re: Travelling from MSP to CUN over xmas via NWA OVERBOOKED!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 01:17