We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trading Nights Royal PDC/Royal Cancun

London Ontario...
Level Contributor
62 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Trading Nights Royal PDC/Royal Cancun

My wife and I are staying at the Royal PDC and we were looking to trade a few nights in our second week to stay at the Royal Cancun.

1) Has anyone done this?

2) Is there a surcharge?

3) What is a fair price for transportation to the Royal Cancun? As I've heard it is not provided

4) Is it worth doing? We just want to go clubbing a few nights without climbing onto a bus for forty minutes with a bunch of drunks

Any help the Trip Advisor community could give me with this would be most appreciated

Soy La Pesera
Taxis & Shuttles
Caribe Viaggi
Dolphin & Whale Watching, Taxis & Shuttles, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Boat Tours, Archaeology Tours
Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,442 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trading Nights Royal PDC/Royal Cancun

I emailed my booking agent last week regarding this scenerio b/c I am very worried about the beach situation in Cancun. He said that if there is availability at the sister resort we should be able to switch. He did not mention there would be a surcharge. I do not know about the transfer fees.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
4,177 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trading Nights Royal PDC/Royal Cancun

Excuse me but im a bunch of drunks & dont take kindly to that kind of talk. I could be one of the nicest,most interesting people you will ever meet but without even you meeting me you have shut the door. You never know what you are missing out on when certain doors are closed. Yes. I have met a few bad ones but I have had some of my best laughs with the good ones who know how to handle their ale. Life is good.. ITS.

Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,442 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trading Nights Royal PDC/Royal Cancun

I assume the above post was meant for a different topic?

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,422 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trading Nights Royal PDC/Royal Cancun

It looks like we are going to stay 3 nights at Royal Cancun and then a week at Royal PDC. I am just going to book it that way to insure that I get the rooms that I want instead of taking a chance on a trade. I just received an email from Cancun Valet. Their rate between the 2 is $80 for a private transfer.

Do you think the 2 resorts are too similar or should we book somewhere else in Cancun? Maybe non-AI??

London Ontario...
Level Contributor
62 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trading Nights Royal PDC/Royal Cancun

Thanks for your help with the taxi rate, still need someone to help me out with the whole trading nights thing though

London Ontario...
Level Contributor
62 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trading Nights Royal PDC/Royal Cancun

*bump*

Anybody??

Springfield...
Level Contributor
9,502 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trading Nights Royal PDC/Royal Cancun

dirtdaddy, don't know if you've heard or not but the Royal in Cancun has no beach at the moment. They are using jackhammers to break up the rocks so is very noisy. You might want to check that out on the Cancun forum. You didn't say when you're going but if it's soon, you might want to just stay in PDC the entire time.

8. Re: Trading Nights Royal PDC/Royal Cancun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 22:16