We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has Anyone Booked Through Traveloni?

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
801 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Has Anyone Booked Through Traveloni?

While comparing prices for an upcoming trip to Playa I came across a website traveloni dot com that books Funjet and Apple vacation packages. According to the website, they give a 5% rebate off the total package price. This would be a considerable savings since I am booking 4 people. Has anyone used this website for travel arrangements? I am wondering if this is too good to be true.

Wakefield, Ma
Level Contributor
6,432 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has Anyone Booked Through Traveloni?

Hi,

If you don't get many answers here ---I just put "Traveloni" in the search bar at the top of the posts here and it came up with a few previous mentions of that site.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,496 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has Anyone Booked Through Traveloni?

R U serious? I would never book thru a website with a name that rhymes with baloney! - I do mean this with the utmost sincerity :) Being a masshole myself, you may want to check out tnt vacations, gwv vacations or try doing the air and hotel separately ie. air thru kayak, sidestep or orbitz and the hotel/resort either direct thru their website or thru a site like orbitz or expedia. For our upcoming trip for Feb vacation, we booked air months ago using air miles and will book hotel directly thru the hotel. Hope this helps ~ really!

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
1,404 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has Anyone Booked Through Traveloni?

Actually, this is a very good company to book through. I've used them 3 times in the past year for Apple and Funjet vacations. Great customer service and a nice savings to boot! You can either phone them and receive the discount up-front off the TOTAL package, including insurance, or book with them on-line and receive a rebate cheque when you return from your vacation. I had to re-schedule because of Hurricane Dean in Riviera Maya and they were very helpful. I would recommend them highly.

Wakefield, Ma
Level Contributor
6,432 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has Anyone Booked Through Traveloni?

How do you go about it? Do you call them direct with your price from Apple?

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
1,404 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has Anyone Booked Through Traveloni?

No, you bring up the Apple or Funjet prices on their website...and take it from there. They have links to Apple and Funjet on their website.

Wakefield, Ma
Level Contributor
6,432 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has Anyone Booked Through Traveloni?

OK. I just tryed it. The original quote I came out with from Apple was about the same as I had gotten from the Apple site. So do they take 5% off of the price they list on their site? Or is the price they show initially the price they charge?

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
1,404 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Has Anyone Booked Through Traveloni?

No....the prices that come up on their link to Apple are EXACTLY the same that you'd find on the Apple site itself. They deduct the 5% from that (plus from the insurance if you add that expense on). Same goes for Funjet.

cleveland
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Has Anyone Booked Through Traveloni?

i get the price from apple or funjet whoever is cheaper than take it to my travel agent we get that price plus he takes off 50.00pp .he still is making money from apple/funjet this year he told us funjet had a extra 100.00off if you pay in full so we ended up with 227.00 off the get go and with the insurance from funjet if the price goes down you get that differance too but you have to watch for that and call your agent .we have gotten a extra 133.00 off our trip with the insurance.if you have a good agent go to him with the price off the computer ask about a discount and any deals if not book online he will work with you if he wants the sale.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
801 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Has Anyone Booked Through Traveloni?

Bridgenut,

I checked the website carefully and the 5% seems like a great incentive to book through this company. I have used both Apple and Funjet for previous trips but USAirways vacations is actually pricing out lower for my upcoming trip. Traveloni also books other tour wholesalers so I think I'm going to give them a call. I'm so glad to hear that they provided good service to you during Dean. Thanks for taking the time to respond

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
801 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Has Anyone Booked Through Traveloni?

Beantownbabe,

Hi neighbor! The jingle to Rice a Roni was running through my mind when I was looking at this website:)

I usually book through TNT or vacation outlet and I have always been happy with each. GWV is now part of Apple(got that covered).

Sidestep is one of my favorite sites with kayak running a close second.

We age going over the April school vacation week and everything is booking up quickly. The packages on TNT went up over 400 each

overnight on Saturday for the school break week!