We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets Capri

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
Secrets Capri

How long is the ride from the airport to the Secrets Capri? Also, can anyone give any imput as to the comparison of Secrets to the Excellence Riviera? Are the shows at night worth seeing? Are the pools spacious and nice? And my number one concern---it is adult-only isn't it?

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secrets Capri

The ride is about 25 minutes.

Yes, Adults only

If you want to compare the resorts, do a search on this site, ie.....

Secrets Capri/Secrets Excellence

South Pacific
Level Contributor
4,279 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Secrets Capri

There are 2 pools.....one is heated and the other one is not. The heated one has the swim up bar and when we were there, it was always more crowded than the other pool. As far as the shows, we thought some of them were pretty good. there aren't shows going on every night, but there are "activities." They had "Rod Stewart" one night, which we thought was pretty good. Not sure if all the entertainment is the same when you go.

ny
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Secrets Capri

the ride is more like 40 minutes, cab will cast $83. the van will cost $24 per person but may make extra stops.

i thought there is only one pool ( the #8 shaped) some of the tiles are loose but its heated and not that deep.

the shows at night are ok, the place is lowkeyed. go to pdc for nightlife.

adults only, though did see some kids walking the beach from next door(hacienda h10)

Medford, New Jersey
Level Contributor
298 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Secrets Capri

Yes, it is one pool. It consists of two large circles connected in a figure eight like shape. One of the circles is heated, one is not. Although when we were there in November there was virtually no difference. Maybe they do not turn on the heat until later in the year.

It is adults only and very quiet after dinner. The shows were all pretty lame. The nightlife is almost non existant. But we actually liked that. It is a very nice resort. Great service, very good food, and a quietly sophisticated atmosphere. We go back in 7 weeks, can't wait.

Southern California
Level Contributor
1,710 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Secrets Capri

You guys are right about the pool(s). But is that considered 1 pool or 2?? I thought it was 2 pools. I guess it's 1 big pool separated by a wall. One side is warmer than the other.

Just be prepared to play the towel game every day!!

Medford, New Jersey
Level Contributor
298 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Secrets Capri

There is no wall. At least not while I was there. The pool narrows to about 15 feet wide where the bridge goes over it, but it is definitely one pool. Think of it kind of like an ourglass. There is a narrow connection, but it is one vessel. You can see the area under the bridge where the pool connects if you follow the link below to a picture I took last fall. The rest of my pictures of the resort are in the second link.

Paul G.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9687016@N05/730323682/in/set-72157600668054000/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9687016@N05/sets/72157600668054000/

England
Level Contributor
249 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Secrets Capri

The pool is made to look like one pool.However it is divided into two pools just under the bridge.The wall is a clear wall.The part of the pool with the pool bar is heated and the other part not.The shows were good we went to them all.The one they do best is the mexican show by the pool.There is also a show on the beach.The hypnotist is very fun.The juggler is funny because he doesnt do it very well!They also have some local bands play they were good.Adults only is very good.My experience of secrets capri took place late January early february 2007 and we really enjoyed it.

Medford, New Jersey
Level Contributor
298 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Secrets Capri

purplerain,

That must chnage depending on what time of year you are there. I was there less than a year ago, in November, and there was unequivocably no divider in the pool. And both sides of the pool were the same temperature. I waded and or drifted under the bridge countless times floating around or playing pool volleyball and there was no divider of any kind.

I wonder if they divide the pool when the waether gets a little colder and then heat one side of it? What time of year were you there?

Paul G.

California
Level Contributor
1,632 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Secrets Capri

Maybe it does depend on what time of year you're there. We were there back in April and there was definitely a divider wall.

Montreal area...
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Secrets Capri

Capri -vs- Excellence

We went to Excellence in January 2007 and to Capri in January 2006. They're both fantastic resorts and you'll truly enjoy yourself at either one.

My recommendation is this: if you,re going all out and can afford the upgrade to the Excellence Club at Excellence then go for it. If not go to Capri instead.