We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sandos carocol just returned great x

Leeds, West...
Level Contributor
475 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
sandos carocol just returned great x

well like i promised to a post a few weeks ago

titled " IS THE SANDOS CAROCOL THAT BAD" i have returned from my 2 week holiday there and answer to the question

NO IT WAS GREAT .... the poster changed their resort from the sandos because of bad reviews and ended up paying more money for another resort i am glad i did,nt because i saved loads of money in sticking to the hotel and boy was it worth it

i thought it was perfect the staff were lovely and so helpful the food was amazing and our room and the hotel over all was great very clean and set in a beautiful setting

any questions about this nice hotel let me know and i will answer them for you

mexico was lovely and the sandos is a place i would return too not once did i hear of any one with any problems at the hotel and everyone seemed to be very happy there

x michelle

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
801 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sandos carocol just returned great x

michelle,

that's good news. Glad to hear you had a great time.

Embarrass, Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,762 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sandos carocol just returned great x

Well, you certainly did express a whole lot of concerns and did a heap of worrying before you left. Glad the trip was a success. Now you should write a review and post it on TripAdvisor. We'll all be waiting to hear about the Caracol.

london
Level Contributor
117 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sandos carocol just returned great x

we are traveling to sandos on the 14 october. what do you think the most inportant thing we should take ?

i have lots of questions

do we need to take our kettle

did you have water in your fridge

how did you take your money english or dollers

do you have to fill in visa form

do you have to pay to enter the country

what is the security like at the airport going home

do we need to take our own beach towels

what was the entertainment like during the day and at night

how far was the hotel from the airport

any help would be great also was it sunny ?????????????????????????????

Boston
Level Contributor
352 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: sandos carocol just returned great x

I'm trying to pick a place for February and was looking at both Sandos resorts. I was leaning towards Sandos Playacar because I heard the beach was better and that the Caracol's beach was rocky. Did you find the beach rocky? Could you go in without water shoes? Thanks for the help.

n.y.c,n.y
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: sandos carocol just returned great x

Yes, the beach is rocky at the Caracol however there are some spots to get in without reef shoes. I just pack them every time I go, where ever I'm staying . It'sbetter to have them than not.

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
123 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sandos carocol just returned great x

Thank you for letting us know michelleleeds. We also kept our trip booked there, more because we didn't really have a choice but, now we are glad we have kept it. The reviews since you left have been getting so much better again.

We are leaving next Saturday, I am sure we will find it as great as you did.

So happy to hear you had a wonderful time.

Leeds, West...
Level Contributor
475 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sandos carocol just returned great x

Wilsonman here are the answers

ohh but before i do MNVIKING i think your got your post a bit wrong i made concerns about the safety deposit box which to be honest was fine

Here is your answers any more just let me know more than happy to help

Do we need to take our kettle

we did not have a kettle in our room we stayed in a standard room not sure about the other rooms

did you have water in your fridge

yeah water was in the fridge along with beer and pepsi and orange juice and was stocked up regular and we never ran out plus all the bars will give you bottled water

how did you take your money english or dollers

we just took english and changed it when we got there to peso's i think the doller though is worth slightly more ( but you will probably loose the difference when you convert in uk anyway )

do you have to fill in visa form

yes you do buts its all done on the plane

do you have to pay to enter the country

no but you have to pay on the way out which is 520 peso's which is the equivalent to £26 or $50 it has to be paid in cash no credit cards excepted but did take £ or $ or peso's

what is the security like at the airport going home

fine no probs at all we got through the airport in no time at all checked in and got through customs within half an hour no messing about like here

do we need to take our own beach towels

no beach towels needed you get them at the hotel free of charge

what was the entertainment like during the day and at night

entertainment was fine their was always something happening day and night quite professional theatre shows

how far was the hotel from the airport

it took us from the airport about 40 minutes no messing at all and was a good journey with a great rep on board the coach

was it sunny

yeah it was very very hot got a great tan it was around 30/32 most days and all but our last two days were raining due to a back lash from the tropical storm that hit america but thats all over now but even with the rain it was still very hot

TOP TIP go on the sandos website and get your self signed up for a the sansos VIP pass its free and when we was there we was so glad we had it. you can use the select clubs that are really nice and people that did not have them were a wee bit upset

hope this helps enjoy the sandos its great the staff are nice and the food is lovely lots to choose from

also we went to chichin itcha was was good and also cozumel just to let you know when you go to cozumel if you get a ticket from playa del carman then what you need to do is instead of getting your tickets from the ticket offices on the front a 10 second walk away on the side street you can save a bit of money only a few pound but hey its a beer

happy hols to you any more questions let me know x

ohh and in playa del carman where the bus drops you off their is a fab place called BIP BIP great food and dead cheap we went loads the best NACHOS'S ever

x m

London, ON
Level Contributor
57 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: sandos carocol just returned great x

Michelle,

Did you notice if the new Sunset Princess hotel was next to the Sandos Carocol? I have read that it' s suppose to be nearby. More importantly, did it look like it was nearing completion? We are booked there mid-December.

Thanks!

Merry.

london
Level Contributor
117 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: sandos carocol just returned great x

michelle

thanks for all your help we have done vip on line and have advised the hotel we are coming. we are flying with thomas cook on the 14 october. can not wait to go.

thanks again

Seaforth Ontario
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: sandos carocol just returned great x

Glad to hear you had a great time. We have also been to the Caracol and really enjoyed it. I was wondering what privileges you received by being a VIP member. You had said that you enjoyed the Select Club but I was wondering if you got all of the perks of the Select Club or only a few.

Thanks.