We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What do you love most about PDC?

Missouri
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
What do you love most about PDC?

I have spent hours now reading all of these great posts about Playa Del Carmen. I picked this location because the beach looked beautiful and I have always wanted to go to Mexico. Everyone who reads this... tell me your favorite things about PDC and visiting there. I would love to hear it!

Embarrass, Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,763 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What do you love most about PDC?

Wearing minimal clothing and watching other people with minimal clothing.

elsewhere
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What do you love most about PDC?

Setting aside MnViking45's rather crass comments (ugh) ...

Our family of five enjoyed the amenities at our resort. We really loved our day trips (great snorkeling, excellent ziplining, nice tour of the Tulum ruins). To be perfectly honest, the beach at our resort was not that great but there was a huge pool complex that we really enjoyed.

Um, I have read on this forum that a lot of people love the nightlife on 5th Avenue, as well as the shopping. Personally, shopping is just about the last thing I want to do when I am on vacation, so we just made a mad dash for some souvenier stuff at the airport before we left.

I have been reading on this forum for several months and I am surprised by the number of repeat visitors to PDC. Don't mean to bash PDC whatsoever but I don't think we'll be going back. We like to try new places.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,861 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What do you love most about PDC?

I like the fact that its mellower than Cancun, much more laid back. If you get away from the pedestrian only zone you can get a meal with a beer for about 4 USD plus tip, and its authentic yummy food. Its also very walkable, which is always a plus.

Nice beaches, yes! Snorkeling, SCUBA, etc. Our next trip to Riviera Maya we will probably stay at PDC so we can go to Cozumel a few times.

Embarrass, Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,763 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What do you love most about PDC?

Darn, and I was so looking forward to finally meeting you!

Springfield...
Level Contributor
9,502 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What do you love most about PDC?

for me it's not just one thing, it's a culmination of the beautiful beaches, the food, the people, the shopping, the whole atmosphere and feeling you get while you're there. There's just so much beauty in Playa. You should definitely make plans to go! It ruins you for all other beach destinations.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,602 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What do you love most about PDC?

I see your from Mo. We fly from St. Louis, so

PDC is one of the only non-stop charters. We can be there in 3 hrs.

We looked into other caribbean islands, and the price and short non-stop flight to Cun can't be beat.

And, like my sister-in-law says "The Mexican people know how to party"

Missouri
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: What do you love most about PDC?

We are using frequent flyer miles, so we have a connection in Chicago, but for a free flight, I'm happy! We'll land in Cancun at 12:30, so that gives us most of the day. Our whole plan was to find someplace we could go with our ff miles, and get there pretty quick, to make the most of our short time. At first I was looking into the Bahamas, but couldln't find what I wanted. Playa looks like a fun, happy place with a beach - my perfect vacation. I'm getting excited...

United States
Destination Expert
for Copper Harbor
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What do you love most about PDC?

We love the beaches, the ocean, the people, the restaurants, lots to do and see.... & all at a GREAT price.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
614 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: What do you love most about PDC?

We went to PDC for the first time in June and just loved it. Like Candylady401, it isn't just one thing, but a combination of factors that make it special: the beautiful beaches and spectacular aqua water of the Yucatan, the upscale resorts with their lovely accommodations and exceptional service, the wide variety of entertainment options within easy driving (or walking) distance and perhaps, most important, the culture. I love being in a Spanish speaking country -- the language, the music, the gracious people are all part of the experience that enriched what might otherwise have been just a pleasant beach vacation. The area has a special ambience that's hard to define, but once you experience it, you recognize its uniqueness. I would go back in a heartbeat!

PA
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What do you love most about PDC?

I love the whole vibe of Mexico, especially PDC. The people are very laid back and kind. Of course, I love the beach and the great resorts as well.