We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Argentinian Restaurants

London, Canada
Level Contributor
120 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Argentinian Restaurants

I am going to be in PDC in February. I am looking for a good Argentinian restaurant to take my wife for her birthday. Does anyone know anything about the restaurants Sur, Buenos Aires, Kero or La Parilla? Or is there a better Argentinian restaurant I haven't mentioned. Any help would be appreciated, please get back to me.

Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
238 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Argentinian Restaurants

There are 2 other good agentinian restaurants not mentioned

El diez this is on 5th avenue and calle 30 always full good prices

El asador de Manolo another real argentinian steak house owned and operated by Argentinians really good chimichurry sauce and Angus steak

Buenos Aires, I like the service and quality, there are different opinions about them, but my experience was good.

I am not familiar with Kero I don´t know it

La Parrilla is not Argentinian but Mexican

Sur was originally owned and operated by Manolo, who is Argentinian, now it is mexican but really really good for atmospheare and people watching this would be the best in my opinion

you can check more information regarding menu items and prices on cancunmap the playa map is almost out and very complete.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
120 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Argentinian Restaurants

Thanks Claudia. I will look into these restaurants. What is the playa web-site for restaurants?

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,438 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Argentinian Restaurants

It would be interesting to know if these places serve real Argentine beef--which is wonderful beef. From what I hear, most served in Mexico is not but that could be wrong.

Embarrass, Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,763 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Argentinian Restaurants

I think that the steak being the best from Argentina is a myth. IMHO it was tough and difficult to cook properly. Perhaps by now they have learned to age it and cut it properly. I rarely eat their beef as I have usually been disappointed. If I am with someone who orders the beef I usually have to listen to them whine about it. I stick with the seafood and pollo or pavo.

The poster did not mention he was looking for beef for the wife in his original post. If the restaurant takes his wife for the day what will he do in Mexico without her?

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,438 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Argentinian Restaurants

I do not eat much beef in this area but have eaten much Argentine beef and have never had better beef. I eat it often at an authentic Argentine restaurant in Monterrey--and its one of the few times I have ever gone out of my way to eat a steak.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,289 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Argentinian Restaurants

We use to eat at Buenos Aires on 5th but after wilma it wasnt there so we found it at Calle 24 and 10th ave. Ive eaten there three times and it is always good. It is owned by the owner of the Buenos Aires who used to have his restaurant on 5th but I cant think of the name. We were just there this past October and it was really good. Hope this helps.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,438 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Argentinian Restaurants

Good to know. I have seen it also and dont remember the name but will give it a try.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Argentinian Restaurants

I recomend El Asador de Manolo, it's on 10th Avenue, East side between 24th and 26th street.

Great steak and prices

London, Canada
Level Contributor
120 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Argentinian Restaurants

Thanks for all the help folks. I chevcked out El asador's web-site and it looks great. Hopefully my wife and I enjoy our night.

10. Re: Argentinian Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 09:18