We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What did you like about the Town of Playa Del Carmen????

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
575 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
What did you like about the Town of Playa Del Carmen????

Hi Everyone

Looking for what is the best to see in the town of Playa del Carmen??? Any Modern stores ?? Did you like the town??

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What did you like about the Town of Playa Del Carmen????

Walmart modern enough for you? How bout Diesel, Harley Davidson etc.....

I can get all that at home, I'd look for jewlery made of amber (try Ambar Mexicano, on 5th ave between 10th & 12th street).

How about some Day of the Dead figures, or a beautiful woven bag.

Eat at the food carts by the bus station or the beach.

Hit a bar , La Ranita or the Beer Bucket,off the beaten path on 10th street.

Grab a slice of some of the best pizza at Pizza Pazza, located all over town.

Have a giant bluberry margarita at Babes on 10th street.

Be sure to read the Playa overview on the left side of this page for a lot of great suggestions.

usa
Level Contributor
503 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: What did you like about the Town of Playa Del Carmen????

paintball

Ave 5 and all the little side walk cafes. The many clubs that play all kinds of different music. This is not Cancun with all the big name stores and malls. My wife and i love it that way ,thats why for the second year in a row we are going back to PDC. In town every thing is in walking distance we never needed a cab. I hope this post might help.

Media, PA
Level Contributor
1,142 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What did you like about the Town of Playa Del Carmen????

In miles how far would you say the walk is to town from the Riu Palace Mexico? About 1 mile? Is it a safe walk to do if we went around 3:00 pm?

Ormond Beach...
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What did you like about the Town of Playa Del Carmen????

I'm guessing 2 miles, someone might have a more exact distance., we walked it several times, perfectly safe at 3 PM or even in the evening. We came back one night at seven. It's a well lit street, with lots of traffic.

Northwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,537 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What did you like about the Town of Playa Del Carmen????

Hi we went to mexico for the first time last year, and we loved it.We stayed at riu tequila and went into playa del carmen lots of times.The first time was because we had forgotten to pack any of my daughters swimming stuff!

We couldnt believe the shops there, from cheap as you can imagine to designer (take your shoes off at the door!) expensive! Lots of little resteraunts,with balconys so you can sit and eat watching people below you shopping.

It has a lovely atmosphere and felt perfectly safe day or night, i wish i was going back!

Wakefield, Ma
Level Contributor
6,432 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What did you like about the Town of Playa Del Carmen????

I also loved the atmosphere the best. What a great town. Everyone was so nice and there were so many places where you could just stop and sit and have a drink outside while sitting at a table. It comes alive at night with music and lights. Very special place and the ocean is right there. Safety was never an issue. Nothing like the big city, high rise feel of Cancun.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
9,502 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What did you like about the Town of Playa Del Carmen????

It would be difficult to find something I didn't like about PDC. Like others have mentioned, the lights and music at night, the great ocean breeze, smells of yummy food, laughter from the sidewalk cantinas and cafes, shop keepers trying to get you to come into their stores (not harrassing at all). It's all great and a wonderful experience. Oh yeah, and 2 Starbucks in town just make it perfect for me.

usa
Level Contributor
503 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: What did you like about the Town of Playa Del Carmen????

Java Joes

Have u ever tried Java Joes i love that little place.

We meet a lot of American and Canadian that live in playa that go there in the morning. Java Joe is a real nice guy too i think he said he is from New Jersy.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
6,625 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What did you like about the Town of Playa Del Carmen????

We love all the outdoor multi level restaurants and the lights at night. My husband and I were on 5th avenue til the late hours and we just loved how the place almost felt "fake"....like we were seeing things we had never seen before.

We are from the midwest/east coast area that has hard winters so restaurants that are 2 floors high but entirely outside with tiki torches and cute lights hanging in the trees just doesn't happen where we live. It was really amazing!

Chicago Burb
Level Contributor
1,016 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What did you like about the Town of Playa Del Carmen????

The cart with the fresh mangos. Yummy!

The shops, the food, the bars. The atmosphere. Everything.