We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

More questions on some AI's

atlanta
Level Contributor
351 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
More questions on some AI's

We are a family of 3--2 adults, and 1 9 year old.

Interested in beach, pool, comfortable rooms (mini fridge and AC that works) and decent food & drinks. Also, kids club would be great.

Were in Playacar in Oct and loved it, but we are concerned about the beach .

HEre are a few more:

Grand Bahia Principe Tulum

Sunscape Puerto Aventuras

Catalonia Riviera Maya

Thanks

Manchester, New...
Level Contributor
790 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: More questions on some AI's

Hi Pattirod, The Iberostar resorts are great for kids.Ibero Parisio Lindo has wave pool and lazy river. As for the beach I can't help there. The last time I was in Playa the beach was not good(7-8 yrs ago). If you love the beach have you ever gone to Punta Cana? To me it's the best beach I've ever been to.

PA
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: More questions on some AI's

Grand Bahia Principe Tulum is amazing. The beach is actually better at the Akumal end but it is just a short walk down the beach to Akumal from the Tulum. You can use any of them. You could spend all day snorkeling at the resort. Food was great and they have huge pools. They also have a kids club, but we don't have any experience with it. Our daughter was 13 when we took her. The only downside is that it is a quite a distance from the airport. It takes about 2 hours if you are dropping other people off. Great resort. Don't know anything about the others on your list, but this one is a good choice:)

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
278 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: More questions on some AI's

We have stayed at the Barcelo 3 years ago and then the Bahia 2 years ago. The Barcelo wins for beach and snorkelling hands down. When reviews talk about the Bahia beach being rocky there is no exaggeration. Price was similar for both trips. Both had good mini fridge and AC (Barcelo had snacks too). Found buffet at Barcelo better but A la cartes at Bahia better. Barcelo has a kids waterpark and tons of pools vs Bahia having one main activity pool with tons or people in it. I guess my point is check out Barcelo.(there are several new restaurants since our trip)

4. Re: More questions on some AI's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 07:18