We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puerto Morales

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Camillus, NY
Level Contributor
764 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Puerto Morales

We are staying at The Grand Mayan and it looks like this town is closest. Is there much to see there? I read somewhere that there is good snorkeling in that area. Is this right off the beach? we bring our own equipment and like to explore.

Camillus, NY
Level Contributor
764 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Puerto Morales

I just realized that there is a forum for that town, so I will ask there! Plus I spelled it wrong!

La Jolla California
Level Contributor
79 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Puerto Morales

Can ya tell me where that forum is for Puerto Morales? Thank you.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,286 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Puerto Morales

Go to the top of this page. Next to the Playa Del Carmen Forum is the Yucatan Peninsula Forums. Click on that, below it you will see a drop down box. Click on that and scroll down to Puerto Morales. Click on that and ask away. Happy Travels.

La Jolla California
Level Contributor
79 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Puerto Morales

'Must be user error, 'cause the only way I found it was thru Google, but I found it!!! Thank you. Y.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
564 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Puerto Morales

"Puerto Morelos" is a great little town with excellent snorkeling/swimming right off the beach. Not touristy and crowded. Love the wide, sandy, uncrowded beaches.....wish I was there now!!!

La Jolla California
Level Contributor
79 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Puerto Morales

Thanks - I've just put all my snorkeling gear together. I can't imagine I'll need my fins, tho. Is there a place to snorkel near the resort or do ya have to go off-site, in to town?

Minnesota
Level Contributor
564 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Puerto Morales

I am not familiar with the area beaches around Puerto Morelos for snorkeling, but I think the town is worth visiting for a day. You can go snorkeling on your own, or book a snorkeling trip at the dock. You can also go fishing, and they will clean your catch and you can have it prepared at a restaurant right in town. Many little restaurants, stores, shops to visit, or sit in the little town square park and relax.

La Jolla California
Level Contributor
79 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Puerto Morales

Thank you. Relax? Me? This I gotta see.

9. Re: Puerto Morales

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2009, 05:22