We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

non AI

aeamixter
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Topic
non AI

I am looking for a reasonably priced place to stay that is non AI and right on the beach. Also close to 5th Avenue. What would you recommend?

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
18 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: non AI

The Fairmont MAYAKOBA, Ceiba del Mar Hotel & Spa, Paraiso de La Bonita , 15 min to Playa del Carmen. Otherwise they are all inclusive resorts.

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
150 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: non AI

There are lots of really cool small hotels in Playa. We stayed at The Plantation House on 1st Ave. Great place. We have also stayed at the El Tukan on 5th but is now all inclusive. I find that the price for the El Tukan when it is a package from Canada can be cheaper than flight plus condo. But I don't know where you are from. Just google "small hotels in Playa del Carmen" and see that there are tons. I prefer a non AI vacation too.

Venice, Florida
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
3,120 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: non AI

We stay at the Playa Maya, a small boutique hotel right on the beach, just off Calle 8, close to the middle of 5th avenue. It is a wonderful, extremely clean place on a great part of the beach with a good outdoor type restaurant where you can eat an put your toes in the sand. Check out their website: playamaya.com

Springfield...
Level Contributor
9,502 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: non AI

Check out Fusion, Mimi del Mar, Playa Maya, Alhambra, Vista Caribe -1/2 block from the beach). These are a block from 5th Ave and on the beach.

West Jordan, Utah
Level Contributor
1,983 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: non AI

I know you said "on the beach" but Luna Blue and La Tortuga are on the top 10 best list ahead of places costing hundreds more per night for a reason.

The Playa Maya was great and it's on the beach. Ask for the Hot Tub room.

United States
Destination Expert
for Copper Harbor
Level Contributor
2,545 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: non AI

We've stayed at the Playa Maya twice. Small, newer, ultra clean hotel right on the best stretch of beach in PDC. It's also one block off 5th. It is non-AI but breakfast in included.

St Louis
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: non AI

I just returned from Playa and stayed in the most amazing condo hotel. It was Pueblito Escondido and it is right at the beach at the new, north end of town. I felt like I was in a W hotel. It was so cool, budda bar music playing at the pool and the ocean view were breathtaking. All of the units are condos, either one or two bedroom units and was priced what you would pay at at hotel. It was very quiet and on the best section of beach in Playa.

MN
Level Contributor
164 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: non AI

I concur with some of the other posters. Playa Maya. Great little boutique hotel right on the beach and 1 block from restaurants/bars/shops.

9. Re: non AI

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 22:18