We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Tukan

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chelsea, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
El Tukan

I am going to be staying at the El Tukan in March. Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
149 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: El Tukan

Hi Chelsea

We stayed at the El Tukan a couple of years ago, before it was an all inclusive. You will have a great time. We loved it there. The rooms at the time were not glamorous, but we didn't care. The location is perfect. And I think they have the best beach club. I would go back there in a minute. It seems that it is a good deal being all inclusive. I think I would use that for maybe breakfast and lunch and venture out to the wonderful restaurants in the area for dinner. Have a great time!!

Chelsea, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: El Tukan

Thanks. Much appreciated. I agree, the location is ideal. It should be a nice change from the big all-inclusive resorts.

kitchener
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: El Tukan

We just got back on Feb 21 and were surprised how great the vacation was. The inside of the hotel is filled with plush greenery and is very relaxing. To get a chair by the pool, go down when you go for breakfast and put a towel on the chair, maybe a book and if you don't get one, try again around lunch. The food is served in an Anex across the street, we called it the Legion. Breakfast is at 7, lunch at noon and dinner at six. If you want to be guaranteed it is hot, then try and make these times, but if not and something is cold, they will warm it if you ask. The food is delicious, the bar is there too and you can drink until you are sick. If you tip a couple pesos before you order, you will get the good booze and lots of it. If you want clean towels, leave them on the floor every day, we tipped a dollar a day. The beach club bar opens at 10 but you need to get there before 9ish to get a chair, otherwise, throw down your towel and enjoy the day. When you walk out the door by the restaurant that is NOT included, ask before you order anything the first time in the hotel, there is a little quaint snorkel shop about two stores straight down the street (the side street, not the main street) Try the surf and turf tour - doing caves, two reefs and an excellent Mexican Restaurant. Take your own snorkel gear if you can, but everything is rentable. If you like to shop, bring lots of money, lots of silver and junk to buy if you want. Be sure to negotiate the taxi fee before you go or you will get hosed. Take small american money to start off the tipping the first week, and get some pesos as soon as you can. You will have a fantastic time....I am completely jealous

4. Re: El Tukan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 19:17