We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone stayed at Royal Hideaway?

Frederick, MD
Level Contributor
150 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone stayed at Royal Hideaway?

My wife and I will be celebrating our 10th anniversary at the Royal Hideaway in late March/early April 2005. I've read on the reviews of the hotel on tripadvisor that alot of people who stayed their recommended not to stay in a villa that is neighboring the noisy resort next door (has load party activities til 11-12pm). Well, when I looked at an aerial map of the area, RIU Playacar is the resort on the south side of RH and Allegro Playacar is the resort on the north side. So which one is the noisy one to avoid (or is it both and I should stay in the center of the resort)? If so what can some one give me some villa numbers and are particular villas more expensive than others (excluding ocean view villas) I've already booked my trip with a "standard" room through my travel agent and at the time of booking, there wasn't an opportunity to specify a villa number. I'll have to have my travel agent follow up on that if I can get some more info..

Thanks!

Springfield...
Level Contributor
9,502 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone stayed at Royal Hideaway?

Ask for Villa/room# 2627. It's the first villa on the left when you come out of the main building. It faces the beach (though a ways in). You will not hear anything from the Allegro. We never heard anything from either hotel except one evening when we were walking around the grounds. We've been there several times including 2 anniversary trips. Make sure you let them know you are celebrating an anniversary. They will treat you on your anniversary (if you go to Pilazzo's for dinner). They seat you outside on the upper level-- table for 2, bring you champagne....your waiter is for you only. Very romantic!

Repeat customers get quite a few perks, so if you like it there, go back again...you'll see what I mean. It's a pricey place, but really worth it for a special occasion. Enjoy your trip. If you have any other questions, you can email me at kristiasnider@comcast.net or on this post.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone stayed at Royal Hideaway?

Candylady401

Hello we are leaving to go back to RH in 17 days... Can't wait!

We stayed there last year same time. Just wanted to know what you mean by extra perks for repeat customers??

Thnks a bunch

Lyndsay_31

Springfield...
Level Contributor
9,502 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone stayed at Royal Hideaway?

We got bathrobes to take home, shirts, an 8X10 photo taken anywhere on the property we wanted. A bottle of champagne at dinner and when we got back to our room, they had rose petals all over the room, lighted candles, and a bottle of champagne in a 3 ft. champagne container on ice, along with some appetizers.....very nice surprise!

Northern Suburb of...
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone stayed at Royal Hideaway?

Sounds wonderfully romantic! No wonder you love it there.

I am sure you treat them great in return!

Springfield...
Level Contributor
9,502 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone stayed at Royal Hideaway?

It really IS a great hotel. It was the first one we ever went to on the Caribbean side and also our first AI...they kind of spoiled us for all future AI's. We like it best, but for the same $$, we can stay in a condo for a week in Playa, then go to Cancun (CPC) for a week for the same $$ so we "save" the RH for special occasions. It's the perfect place for anniversary or honeymoon or surprise getaway...

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone stayed at Royal Hideaway?

thnks candylady401, i hope we get the same treatment for our return trip.

Lyndsay_31

Springfield...
Level Contributor
9,502 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone stayed at Royal Hideaway?

I hope you do too....It was such a nice surprise....hope I didn't ruin it for you...

Frederick, MD
Level Contributor
150 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone stayed at Royal Hideaway?

Wow! I'll definitely let them know its our 10th anniversary. Unfortunately, my wife and I probably won't be able to afford this place again to get the repeat customer perks. We've got 2 elementary school kids and probably most of our future trips will be "family" trips. Needless to say, my wife is special enough to me and I've decided to do it "right" (i.e. selecting the RH).

Let me know if these findings of mine are correct:

Villas 22,23, 24, 25 and 26 are "inner facing/quiet" villas.

Try and stay away from villas 28 & 29 as they are facing the neighboring resorts.

Try to stay on 3rd floor if possible.

Am I accurate with this?

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone stayed at Royal Hideaway?

yes rob55 that is correct about the villa layout. 12 more days to go for us.Yippee.. 3 floor interior facing is the best bet for quiteness. We stayed in villa 23 last year and i requested it this year again. I hope i get it again. email the resort if you decide to stay there in advance to get what you want in dinner reservations, and room preferences. hope this helped you..

take care

Lyndsay_31

Springfield...
Level Contributor
9,502 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone stayed at Royal Hideaway?

Yes, you are correct. And the 3rd floor really is the best! (no tile floors above you). You've made the right choice for your anniversary trip! She'll NEVER forget it. I remember our first trip there....I thought I'd died and gone to Heaven! We stayed in a regular room and it was just fine. Plenty of room, nice jetted tub, stand alone glassed in shower, dual sinks, nice walk in closet with storage, iron/ironing board....all kinds of amenities. The fresh fruit was really a nice touch too. Especially if you arrive between meals...you can grab a quick snack. Enjoy your trip! Please post a review when you return. I'm anxious to know what you and your wife think of the place.