We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Sunset Room Up Grade & Tours

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Sunset Room Up Grade & Tours

I just booked the basic room, for May 15th-22nd, and was wondering if it's worth up grading the room? If so should I do it now or wait to see if I can get a better deal when I arrive? I'm sure the rooms will be full and now would be better but I just wanted to know for sure.

Also are they up graded rooms that much better??

Also should I book the tours now thru them?

Thanks Again!

Hemet, California
Level Contributor
5,883 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Sunset Room Up Grade & Tours

I read it cost more to do the upgrade once you are there. We upgraded to the Deluxe Suite because they appear to be more centrally located and closer to the main pool. The rooms are basically the same with the Deluxe Suites having a Jacuzzi tub.

Level Contributor
4,559 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Sunset Room Up Grade & Tours

You might want to hold off on booking tours now. Wait til you get there to see how you feel about your plans and activities.

Is that a go fast boat?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Sunset Room Up Grade & Tours

Zeeka, thanks, the boat is a 88 21' Checkmate Starflite with minor modifications 225hp outboard. The boat is in mint condition and goes about 75, with a little more moding of the motor I could get a solid 275 hp and about 83 mph. I'm in no hurry to do that yet, I'll wait to the motor dies before doing anymore work, as the boat barely touches the water at high speeds as it is now. BTW, if you're into boating these old Johnson O/Bs can be modified into a dependable monster for about 3K. Just make sure it's done by a pro. race motor mech. of which there are only a few.

Level Contributor
4,559 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Sunset Room Up Grade & Tours

21?? From here it looks about in the 40's.. hahah

Ouch ~ that is fast.

5. Re: Grand Sunset Room Up Grade & Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 23:16