We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sick and tired of the complaints!

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
quebec, canada
Level Contributor
261 posts
Save Topic
sick and tired of the complaints!

o.k I've had it. So, if I'm not mistaken people who write reviews on this forum must have read prior reviews right?? well then they should of known that the beach has sandbags? TylerB123 this message is for you....who complains that the Viva Wyndham Maya has 20 tv channels and only 5 are in English, the staff barely spoke English - did you not remember landing in Mexico or did you think you were still in New England - next time take time to read the multiple reviews that are on this site. I on the other hand cannot afford to take my kids to a 5 or 4 star hotel but hey how fortunate am I to be able to afford a 3 or 3.5 star!! and guess what? I'm practicing my Spanish and have every intention on having a great time. When you want the amenities of a 4 or 5 star resort then book it!!

Portsmouth, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sick and tired of the complaints!

Amen

Hemet, California
Level Contributor
5,883 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sick and tired of the complaints!

Pat to add:

People use common sense. If you book the resort for next to nothing or close to something, don't be surprise if everyone and their mama decided to take the same deal you did. If the buffet line is long, tell yourself at lease you are not the one making the meal. Or use all the money you saved and go into towm to a nice restaurant, which would better help the locals.

I am stepping down off the pedestal in the kitchen righ now!

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
967 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sick and tired of the complaints!

Oh I would like to second all of the above! I know that I personally do not go to Mexico to watch TV and I dont expect that I, an english speaking Canadian should expect Mexican citizens that work in resorts in Mexico to speak perfect english. It is a spanish country. I am enjoyings trying to learn to speak spanish. My other huge pet peeve is complaints about food. If some of the folks that complain so much about food had to feed 700 odd people three meals per day I would bet that each dish wouldnt be 100% all the time. If your going to Mexico for gourmet food at every meal, stay home and go to your local tried and true restaurant. Another issue for me is minor complaints regarding the managment of Huge resorts. I read a review that talked about walking all the way back to the lobby because their room key had become uncoded. In my opinion, that is not review worthy infomation. In fact, the same thing happened to us, this month, at the same resort THREE TIMES! Our thoughts on that were Oh well. Its a huge resort and that kind of stuff happens. People, relax and enjoy your vacations. Stop looking for negatives and focus on the postives. And lastly remember that Mexico is not the United States and its not Cananda...and I for one am really glad!

texas
Level Contributor
113 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sick and tired of the complaints!

I have to agree it seems people go to Mexico expecting a rich nation. this is a poor country to boot. They are probably years behind us too. I hink poeple need to adjust their expectations they arent on the love boat in Mexico

midland ontario
Level Contributor
216 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sick and tired of the complaints!

Caribe-Harlequin46!

Not sure how many resorts you have been too but,

in my opinion there is nothing more agravating than having to go to the lobby 2 or 3 times a day to have your room key re-coded, whether the resort is big or small.

The first time it's funny the second time its a drag after that I get t'd off especially when you walk all the way to the lobby for the 10th time this week and than have to wait in line for them to re-code the DAMN KEY, lol.

This hasn't happened to me in Mexico yet but it happened more times than I care to remember in DR @ the Barcella Capella, spelling is probably wrong.

@ 2 in the am and after having a few pops I don't think you would say "o-well" to having to walk all the way to the lobby, yet again.

Too the people who complain about the lack of English TV stations or English speaking people all I have to say is 'Give your head a shake'. This complaint is not worth talking about because of it's stupidity.

As for you Kooljammin, can you make me a sandwich b 4 you leave the kitchen, and not too much mustard or you'll read about it here in the complaints section of this forum!! LOL

Now that I'm on a roll I also want to say!! THERE IS TOO MUCH SNOW IN MIDLAND ONTARIO.

I gotta go! Gotta shovell the driveway again, AGAIN, lol.

Newfie (the snowman) Sub

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
967 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sick and tired of the complaints!

I am have been to many all-inclusives. I agree its irritating. But its not worth, in my opinion, putting it into a review . It can happen at any hotel big or small. I guess the point I have been was trying to make is the foolish and trivial complaints are getting tiring.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
668 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sick and tired of the complaints!

Ditto! You're a guest in Mexico - act like one.

Quebec, Canada
Level Contributor
1,751 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: sick and tired of the complaints!

Glad to see I'm not the only one - (Pat2505 is me also - one address from home and one from work!! )that's how much I read and learn from this forum. I do agree that some amenities are expected but to complain about everything from tv channels to language is not a helpful review in my opinion. Joanne

West Jordan, Utah
Level Contributor
1,976 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: sick and tired of the complaints!

Have these people ever watched Spanish language TV?

Those novelas have some serious hotties! Mrs Utahrd informs me that the chicos are pretty good looking, too.

usa
Level Contributor
503 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: sick and tired of the complaints!

Oh well some people will whine their whole lifes away. Aren't these the kind of folks u would love to hang out with LOL. Is this web site called Tripadvisors or trip whiners LOL.