We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda, Mayan Riviera Questions

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Peterborough, Ont
Level Contributor
254 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda, Mayan Riviera Questions

Just wondering if anyone has any comments on the BBGE that has just recently returned from this resort. I have read nothing but mixed reviews and I'm trying to get a handle on this resort.

What's good, bad and ugly? I need and welcome all comments.

Thanks,

Wass

Nebraska
Level Contributor
61 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda, Mayan Riviera Questions

My husband and I just returned from there last week. I like you was a bit worried from the reviews but it all turned out great. The resort is large but is very easy to get around. We stayed in the Coba bldg. which was great if you want to be close to the pool and beach. The rooms were very nice and always kept clean. The pool area is very nice and there are plenty of chairs. The beach is great with plenty of chairs also. The only thing is that the water is not blue but of a brown color. We were very pleased with the food choices. We made some reservations at the special places at night but also ate at the buffets and thought they all were very satisfying. For us it was a great place and we really enjoyed our week there. Go and enjoy yourselves!

Halifax
Level Contributor
29 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda, Mayan Riviera Questions

Hi there, we just returned on Friday. It was a great trip. 10 of us from age 2-60. Resort is large but manageable. The only gripe is the water at the beach but that's nature. Other than that it was fantastic!

Two tanned thumbs up!!!!

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
150 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda, Mayan Riviera Questions

Hi Wass

Do not worry about the negative reviews. We had an amazing time, all 11 of us. We saw the odd cranky, uptight person there, so maybe that is where the complaints come from. I'm sure it would be impossible to make 2,000 people happy all at the same time. When we read the bad reviews we can't believe we were at the same resort. Service, food, pools - everything was more than we expected. No complaints. We were not bothered really by the ocean, we knew about it before we left. You will have a blast.

4. Re: Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda, Mayan Riviera Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 14:25