We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ants in my pants ..

Embarrass, Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,779 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Ants in my pants ..

and I do not appreciate the irritation of the following three items.

1. Peeps that use a forum as if it were a blog.

It is not a place for two way conversations.

2. Peeps that use a specific forum when they could and should use a more general one.

If a specific one is used it should be the town forum as close as possible to the resort. The Princess or Valentin should be on the Riviera Maya forum ...or even the Puerto Morelos. Those resorts south of Playacar should use the Akumal or Adventuras.

3. Posting of reviews on forums.

If you post the review in the proper place we get a common basis for evaluation of the resort. They're easy to find and the format is fixed. Photos and videos can be added. We even get a chance to rate them as to helpfulness.

Perhaps it is because the posters feel a kinship to a specific forum even if it isn't relavent to their topic. They want to make sure they'll get gushing comments and kudos. For whatever the reason .... IMHO it would be great if peeps followed the rules.

Maybe then those that enjoy the community of Playa del Carmen will get more input regarding the non-AI hotels, condos and the businesses and activities of the town they have grown to love and enjoy.

Mentioned in this post
Riviera Maya
Riviera Maya
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Puerto Morelos
Puerto Morelos
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Akumal
Akumal
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Etters, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,462 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ants in my pants ..

Thanks for you input. Maybe it should have been placed on a general forum to instruct all TA members on how to post.

Trip Advisor places a hotel in an area, such as the Sunset Princess. Notice...its under Playa Del Carmen hotels. This is how most posters find this forum.

We are here to inform and answer questions. And if we have to re-direct to another forum, then we do that.

Also, many people that visit resorts not directly located in PDC visit and spend there money in there stores, bars and restaurants. This forum alone attract people to some of these businesses that may not been known about, unless they were on this forum.

Not all people that visit TA are vets like you. Many have never visited Mexico and need help. They dont know the difference between Cancun and the Riviera Maya.

We're just here to help:)

Micki

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Riviera Maya
Riviera Maya
Quintana Roo, Mexico
NH
Level Contributor
49 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ants in my pants ..

Strict Rules? Uh oh.....like no drinks before 10am?

Sorry going over to the drink forum...

boston, ma
Level Contributor
2,074 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ants in my pants ..

hmmmmm - another name for forum is discussion board. I don't see anything wrong with a discussion bewteen 2 posters or 10 - makes no difference to me.

I haven't noticed any blogging - but I don't click on every post either. I thought a blog was 1 persons postings - like a daily blog of one persons thoughts, activities & opinions- but I'm probably wrong. Actually this original post is kind of bloggy - lol.

I think of Playa Del Carmen as being part of the Riviera Maya area - the Valentin & GSP are listed under PDC so no wonder it's confusing. People post all kind of questions about the Boston suburbs in the Boston forum - but they don't get called out or flamed for it - I mean truthfully there's not a lot of action in other forums to get ?s answered so they're answered in that forum.

Sometimes it takes days to a week for a review to post. I don't mind if they get posted here - if a post doesn't interest me I move on - no biggie. I don't really think they're looking for kudos.

Who made up these rules when I wasn't looking?

Mentioned in this post
Riviera Maya
Riviera Maya
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
elsewhere
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ants in my pants ..

I do not appreciate people who refer to other people as peeps. We are not sugar-coated marshmallow confections.

TripAdvisor does have a suggestion on how to deal with posters who are looking for attention and want to make you react. Their suggestion is to ignore them. That advice seems relevant to this thread.

NJ
Level Contributor
125 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ants in my pants ..

I find it very easy to use the forum. I read what I want.. and ignore what I want. It's very easy to open a subject and quickly decide if it's for you or not.

I don't see what the big deal is? If you don't like a post.. Don't read it. If you don't like people conversing.. don't read it. Personally.. I thought a forum was a group of people sharing ideas, views and opinions... Not just posting facts that noone is allowed to reply to.

Seriously.. no need to make drama when there isn't any to start with.

Etters, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,462 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ants in my pants ..

Newtoplaya..I laughed so hard when I saw your reply, I had to get up so I wouldnt pee my pants! I never did like those sugar covered baby chickens!

Micki

boston, ma
Level Contributor
2,074 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ants in my pants ..

newtoplaya - now that was funny-lol! you should start a blog.......

Golden, Colorado
Level Contributor
277 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ants in my pants ..

Ooh.these are the fun ones and the ones they like to pull. If I don't want to read a topic..I don't, same for responding or not. I agree that not everyone visits PDC on a regular basis. I have ALways stayed at AI's and now am venturing into the condo world..opens up new forums and new topics and probably I am not posting in the right place. BIG DEAL. I can figure it out. Not too sure why you should be worried since NO ONE makes you go to a specific forum. "PEEPS"my teenage son uses that language. I also don't mind when reviews are posted.if I don't want to read it then I don't.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
6,636 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ants in my pants ..

Ok, so maybe you want to see more posts on non AI hotels- but in all reality that's just not how it is.

If we removed every other AI besides those that are truly in PDC, that's fine- but it would in NO way shape or form get more posts on the PDC forum about condos and non-AI's.

WHY??? B/c many on these boards that post regularly don't go to non-AI's and many do not have questions about non AI's b/c they simply don't go to them.

The idea that removing AI questions would somehow mean more non AI posts is ABSURD. you say "condos businesses and activities in town "THEY" have grown to love and enjoy"....NOBODY on here is stopping you or anyone else from posting about our NON AI experience. The REALITY is that MOST go AI- at least most on these boards.

It was posted recently by coloradowanderer that only 4 or 5 regulars post regarding NON AI options...you may find that sad, but you can't force people to post on things they have no interest in.

Golden, Colorado
Level Contributor
277 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ants in my pants ..

Well said, Asmit4. We have choices..to read or to to read.