We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandos

NL, IL
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sandos

Anyone going to be at Sandos Playacar Beach resort the week of June 18th-25th....I will be there with my 17 yr old daughter and her girlfriend? Is it safe for the girls to go to towm?? I'm a little nervous traveling with 2 bikini clad teenagers....give me tips asap!!!

Edmonton Alberta
Level Contributor
698 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandos

I would go with them to town. Have been to Playa Del Carmen several times, it can get quite rowdy at night.

There is a disco @ the Sandos Playacar.

michigan
Level Contributor
126 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandos

I Agree, We just got back and when in town was approach several times about buying drugs.

TNCLEUEN

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
374 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandos

Does anyone know if 17 yr olds can get in to the Disco at Sandos?

Thanks!

Playa del Carmen...
Level Contributor
282 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandos

Hello Ella

Our disco at Sandos is for adults only, 18 years old and more.

Thanks

Tania

St. Louis
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandos

Going to Sandos tomorrow 5/9. Was supposed to go today but USA3000 canceled the flight yesterday and rescheduled for tomorrow. Nothing like one days notice.

Looking forward to getting away. This trip will be different. No golf clubs.

Gerry

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandos

I definitely would not feel comfortable letting two 17 year olds go into PDC by themselves, especially at night. If they can't hang out at the resort, go with them. PDC is fairly safe but there are always people out there anywhere you go who would love to take advantage of two unchaperoned 17 year old girls.

Have a great time whatever you decide!

Beechluver

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandos

Going the first wk of June with our teen daughter and her friend. We took them two yrs ago (of course a couple yrs younger then) but we will not let them off the resort w/o us. In fact, our rooms were back in the hacienda suites and when they were ready to go back at night my husband walked them to their room. He and a friend that was w/ us are both cops and probably a little over cautious, but it's better to be on the safe side. Aside from that, they had plenty of freedom around the resort and had a great time. They are really looking forward to going back.

CT
Level Contributor
2,123 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sandos

Oklamhoma,

I don't think you are being too strict at all. I think more parents should be like you (and me)!!!

CT
Level Contributor
2,123 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sandos

Sorry for the spelling mistake...it's Friday.

Zeeland, MI
Level Contributor
15 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sandos

I was there last year and will be there agian this June 20-29. My daughter was only 11 when we were there before and "older" boys (over 18) were trying to approach her. I wold go with your daughter and her friend, better safe than sorry!