We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

news channel- live from Playa del Carmen

Georgia
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Topic
news channel- live from Playa del Carmen

I am watchin a news channel, GLVSN on satellite. It is a Mexican news channel. They are reporting live from Playa Del Carmen. If you know a little spanish you can understand a little. They are the only news station i have seen reporting from playa.

Georgia
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: news channel- live from Playa del Carmen

bump

Chesapeake, Virginia
Level Contributor
10 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: news channel- live from Playa del Carmen

But what are they saying?

Georgia
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: news channel- live from Playa del Carmen

from what I could see and understand, that it didn't look too bad, but they should be going back on in a few minutes. I will keep you posted if you cannot get the channel.

CT
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: news channel- live from Playa del Carmen

Thanks for the info as we have scheduled vacation downe to Playa Del Carmen in the next few weeks, so any info is appreciated. We are planning on staying at the Secrets Capri.

thanks

Cherry Hill, New...
Level Contributor
231 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: news channel- live from Playa del Carmen

"Iberostar",

That would be great if you could keep us posted. Many of us in the states I am sure are unable to see any news reports from Playa del Carmen, Mexico. They are reporting frequently from Cancun via The Weather Channel but nothing on Playa del Carmen. So, if you have first hand reports via the news, sharing them here would be most apprecaited. Thanks so very much.

Georgia
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: news channel- live from Playa del Carmen

No problema!!

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
12,163 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: news channel- live from Playa del Carmen

Just saw a live report on The Weather Channel from Cancun. No major structural damage reported. No casualties reported. Hurrican came in down near Tulum Fox is reporting that power and phones are out down there. TWC reporting there is power in Cancun.

Georgia
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: news channel- live from Playa del Carmen

there is a talk show on the mexican channel now, i will keep watching it and when they come back on with news, i will post what i hear!

MIP
Ridgefield
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: news channel- live from Playa del Carmen

My step daughter is in Cancun now with her Dad and the rest of his family. We got them out of Playa and to Cancun just before they closed Cancun. Their luggage is still in Playa.

Info Needed:

Any info on how Playa looks or the devastation would be greatly appreciated.

Info I Have:

I have spoken to my step daughter who is in the ball room at the Fiesta Ameicana in Cancun. They have power and all seems to be fine where they are but they have not gotten back to their rooms yet.

-Mark

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
259 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: news channel- live from Playa del Carmen

I live in Canada, and our Canadian station CTV has been reporting frequently from Playa del Carmen. I have also heard CNN report from Playa del Carmen. I hope this helps!

PS: In case you don't know...Emily was only a 2 not a 5. I just hope everything is alright!