We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Resort, Next To The GSP

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
New Resort, Next To The GSP

I saw it being built while there in May and was wondering if there's any info on it?

Haven't followed the Playa forum of late.

Stoneham...
Level Contributor
1,397 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Resort, Next To The GSP

I was wondering too...We walked by it and didn't seem to be much going on that day but the next we saw the crane moving so I guess it is a work in progress...

I didn't think the swimming was so great in this area with the rocks.

I hope someone has some info..

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Resort, Next To The GSP

When there back in May a worker told me it will be called El Capitain. Some workers ar the GSP said it's the same owner and that they were looking for the chance to move up to supervisiors there.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Resort, Next To The GSP

And yes, the beach was very poor at the GSP. ROCKS

North Truro...
Level Contributor
8,560 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Resort, Next To The GSP

I am booked for GSP in November and things are not looking good at all!

Sadly,

Oceangirl

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Resort, Next To The GSP

Aside from the beach things were good when I stayed there in May, pool was great and the service and food were prety good. I haven't read the reviews of late though.

Hemet, California
Level Contributor
5,883 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Resort, Next To The GSP

I met a lot of people having a great time at GSP. They are the "normal" vacationers who do not post on travel forums, which is approximately 95 percent. Of the 5 percent who post, 90 percent do so because of a bad experience. This is not a 5 star resort and to staff it as such would cost a fortune. There are wonderful things about this resort. My biggest hesitation for me is the size. Most happy people, who enjoy happy vacations, DO NOT post about it.

Princess Mistake: Having a soft/cheap/affordable opening and offering kids under 12 free. A lot of families decided to go on vacation instead of staying home. A lady dropped a serving spoon and without hesitation replaces it by the dish. I quickly removed it but wanted to pop her in the head.

If the price is the same or close, an established resort would be a better bet.

7. Re: New Resort, Next To The GSP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 23:20