We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A few of my un-favorite things.....for fun!

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,252 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
A few of my un-favorite things.....for fun!

Just for fun, not trying to ruffle any feathers, but here are a couple of things that tick me off!

Hotel reviews that go on and on about “towel art” esp. those that whine because they didn’t get towel art in their rooms…… aargh!

Hotel reviews with pics of towel art……double aargh! Folks, seriously it’s just a towel!

Hotel reviews with pics that amount to nothing more than their own family album, hey I want to see pictures of the resort (rooms, grounds, and beach). Your really cute and all but one pic of you would suffice, I would really rather see the resort.

Drive by posters, those that post something salacious and never appear again. They just put out some crazy comment, they just manage to get everyone else’s blood a boiling and poof their gone!

Yours?

canada
Level Contributor
234 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: A few of my un-favorite things.....for fun!

yeh, the cold towel/champaign thing is getting old reading it in every review. I don't mind briefly covering how they book the trip and flight, just don't dwell on it.

something i do like is when reviewers give a history of the resorts they've attended 'in the MAYAN RIVIERA' not italy. I hate the irrational comparisons. But its interesting to see someones opinion of a place when they can appropriately compare it to similar properties in the area.

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: A few of my un-favorite things.....for fun!

My biggest un-favorite thing is rude people when you are on vacation who think THEY are the only people at the resort - people who cut in front of you in line at the bar/buffet/towel shack, steal your sun umbrella the minute you walk away to get towels (not talking chair hogging here, folks, just walking up to the towel shack to get towels after putting stuff on a pool chair under a shade umbrella), people who are in back of you in line for the tram and almost knock you down jumping into a seat, even though you are carrying a small child and a stroller.

Rude people are not the resort's fault, but they can make your vacation a little less enjoyable.

One positive note - most people we have met at resorts are very nice, wonderful individuals and many have stayed in touch with us through the years.

Beechluver

new york/new jersey...
Level Contributor
2,706 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: A few of my un-favorite things.....for fun!

absolute un-favorite thing...people who put towels on beach loungers 7 am and don't return till 3 in the afternoon cause they r at the pool... talk about rude and inconsiderate!!!

on our last vaca one couple did this every day-reserved "4" loungers on beach for 2 adults and 2 kids all wk while they went to the pool...holding beach loungers for 8 hrs is a bit much.............

elsewhere
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
Save Reply
44. Re: A few of my un-favorite things.....for fun!

I am a seasoned, globe-trotting traveler and I only stay at the finest luxury hotels. I always fly first class but, let me tell you, first class is not what it used to be. Can you believe they substituted Veuve Cliquot for the Dom Perignon? And that little lump of caviar? It was a disgrace, really.

My precocious and precious 5 year old daughter enjoys joining me at the swim up pool bar. She likes to eat all the bar fruit, splash the other guests, and throw swizzle sticks at them while I sip my champagne cocktail. She is darling.

Our personal beach butler, Juan Gomez, reserves several loungers for us each morning at 5 a.m. sharp at both the pool and the beach. He tries to tell me that this is against hotel policy, silly man.

I rated this resort a 2 because they refused to reserve a personal tram for me. And, one morning it rained. The rest of the day was so humid I had to go to the salon *twice* to have my hair done.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
750 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: A few of my un-favorite things.....for fun!

lol newtoplaya!!! I know, I just hate those huge properties that don't offer us our own golf cart....I'm a princess & I can't walk. I also could NEVER possibly get myself out of my lounger to get my own drink....that's what beach butlers are for (I too think that's still funny). How dare the beach not have any rocks and way too much sand on them!!! It is like the resorts can help what mother nature does. LOL! It is like some reviewers did NO research into where they were going & then blame the resort.

Venice, Florida
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
3,117 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: A few of my un-favorite things.....for fun!

newtoplaya -- LOL!. I like your style. Unfortunately, it is so funny because it includes more than a little truth.

Venice, Florida
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
3,117 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: A few of my un-favorite things.....for fun!

P.S. -- You forgot to complain about the caliber of towel art.

midwest
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
48. Re: A few of my un-favorite things.....for fun!

I just read a really good one....a reviewer was sick of the "mexican influenced cuisine" & disliked they didn't serve Corona's....BLASTED!!! I believe you are in Mexico!!!

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
2,021 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
49. Re: A few of my un-favorite things.....for fun!

newtoplaya great post. Here is one we actually witnessed. We were in line at the Denver airport to check in. In the other line beside us was a couple with about a 4 year old girl. They had a small version of the rattan throne type chairs (painted white) for the little girl to sit in while they were in line.

Talk about future "high maintenance" spouses!!!

new york/new jersey...
Level Contributor
2,706 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
50. Re: A few of my un-favorite things.....for fun!

doesn't really tic me off but i can see how someone v sensative would be upset...

when we go to 5th ave the shop owners stand in the street and call u names to get ur attention so u will go into their store - for example we heard

"hey mr clean" come see what we have" obviously the guy had a bald head LMAO - we were right behind the guy...

my husb has very americana tatoos and they say stuff to him like " hey mr american flag" or make some comment about the eagle etc. and although it's kinda funny my husb was right in the middle of the 9-11 event and he was one of the lucky ones that came home that day so although he laughs he also says stuff back to them that i realy can't put on this post LOL...

and the way those creeps stare at the women is obscene...but we shop and bargain them down to what WE want to pay so we walk out happy at the end of the nite...