We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A few of my un-favorite things.....for fun!

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,263 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
A few of my un-favorite things.....for fun!

Just for fun, not trying to ruffle any feathers, but here are a couple of things that tick me off!

Hotel reviews that go on and on about “towel art” esp. those that whine because they didn’t get towel art in their rooms…… aargh!

Hotel reviews with pics of towel art……double aargh! Folks, seriously it’s just a towel!

Hotel reviews with pics that amount to nothing more than their own family album, hey I want to see pictures of the resort (rooms, grounds, and beach). Your really cute and all but one pic of you would suffice, I would really rather see the resort.

Drive by posters, those that post something salacious and never appear again. They just put out some crazy comment, they just manage to get everyone else’s blood a boiling and poof their gone!

Yours?

Toronto
Level Contributor
431 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
51. Re: A few of my un-favorite things.....for fun!

Newtoplaya & Juliegolda - great posts!! Next time I read one of those 'I'm not a hotel snob and in my extensive travel experience, blah, blah, blah' reviews, I'll have a hard time NOT laughing because I'll be reminded of your posts! LOL - Thanks for such good chuckles - keep writing!

West Jordan, Utah
Level Contributor
1,985 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
52. Re: A few of my un-favorite things.....for fun!

No!

Those "the resort didn't have Bud Lite" reviews are great. Now, I know which resorts to go to.

Same with the "the staff had the nerve to speak Spanish to each other and some of the other guests spoke foreign languages so my head is going to explode" reviews. I bookmark those places so I know which ones to look at for when I can afford to go again.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the "if my kids see certain female body parts, their heads are going to explode" posts.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
362 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
53. Re: A few of my un-favorite things.....for fun!

jamm – I totally agree with you about the people whole leave towels on chairs for hours on end and then get upset when someone moves them.

This is a great thread, good laughs!

Southern Illinois
Level Contributor
2,691 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
54. Re: A few of my un-favorite things.....for fun!

I don't like resorts that advertise "No Spring Breakers", and then allow these people in. While these supposedly educated people roam the resort in packs, cussing and puking, we try to have a relaxing vacation. They only come to PDC because they've already tore up Cancun and its not up to their standards now.

And yes--I'm an ol' fogey. :-)

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,263 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
55. Re: A few of my un-favorite things.....for fun!

newtoplaya..........LOL

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,263 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
56. Re: A few of my un-favorite things.....for fun!

I just thought of something, imagine the pressure we have just put on ourselves when it comes to writing our nest review.....hehe

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
750 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
57. Re: A few of my un-favorite things.....for fun!

We will just be perfect @ it!!

elsewhere
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
Save Reply
58. Re: A few of my un-favorite things.....for fun!

Me and my friends? We go to Playa del Carmen during Spring Break. After we tore up Cancun, we moved south.

There is 8 in our group, girls and guys. Our friend Matt? The one who brings the grain alcohol to frat parties and mixes it with grape juice? Yeah. His older sister makes reservations for us using his mom's credit card. Sweet deal. She tells the reservation clerk that four of us are adults and four of us are under 16. Then it's just a matter of switching the wristbands around so we can take turns getting served at the bars. It's not always easy? But dude you can make it happen.

Our friend Alex? The one with the filthy mouth? We trid to tell him to keep it down around the old folks and little kids but you know Alex, when he gets to drinking shots of tequila there is not much we can do. I agree he shouldna cussed at that guy wearing a Speedo but Alex said, whatever, that dude shouldna been wearing that suit in the first place.

And that incident where Allie pulled down the animation crew guy's pants? Well, that was just good fun, no real harm done. I mean, he was p*ssed but stuff happens.

Yeah, things got a bit rowdy at the 2 a.m. karaoke and volleyball game. Some swimsuits came off but hey we found them the next day so what's the big deal. We did try to clean Jennifer's puke out of the pool, we really did. But you'd be surprised how hard it is to clean up floating puke.

Buffalo, New York
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
59. Re: A few of my un-favorite things.....for fun!

a recent post began this way!

"My husband and I are 40 years old. We are well seasoned travelers. Mostly to 5 star resorts around the world. We definitely are not "hotel snobs" .... but want to feel like we got what we paid for given the hotel's star status. We have been to Mexico approximately 20+ times in the last 10 years"

Ok mrs Hotel Snob!

new york/new jersey...
Level Contributor
2,706 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
60. Re: A few of my un-favorite things.....for fun!

piemur...i agree w/u and if these people r sooooo seasoned why r they even posting on TA...obviously they know it all anyhow...