We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resorts w/in 10 min of PDC?

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
6,570 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Resorts w/in 10 min of PDC?

I've been doing some searching on cheaper AI resorts...we booked RPDC but are considering downgrading.

My husband is not willing to let go of being close to PDC. What AI resorts are within a 10 minute cab ride of PDC. We stayed at Aventura Spa Palace before and for my husband even that was too far away.

Anybody?

Thanks!

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
6,570 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resorts w/in 10 min of PDC?

bump- still hoping for an answer :)

Westland, Michigan
Level Contributor
683 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resorts w/in 10 min of PDC?

Hi again asmit4,

RPDC appears to be a 5 minute walk to Playa del Carmen, as you probably already know. I think both the Riu Palace and the Riu Palace Riviera Maya are a $5 cab ride away - that entire "Playacar" area is very close to Playa del Carmen.

I know this is a long shot, but check out "Cancuntransfers.com". They have great maps of hotels next to PDC.

When are you traveling.

Sharon

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
805 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Resorts w/in 10 min of PDC?

Asmit4, You mentioned you would like to be close to Playa del Carmen in an All-Inclusive and saving a few pesos, yes? Check out Riu Yucatan, Riu Tequila, Riu Playacar, Riu Lupita, Reef Club, Viva Maya, Viva Azteca, Sandos Playacar.

Good luck on your search. Good travels.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
6,570 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Resorts w/in 10 min of PDC?

Thanks everyone!

Also- that site map is great :)

Wakefield, Ma
Level Contributor
6,432 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Resorts w/in 10 min of PDC?

Don't forget the Iberostar Tucan and Quetzal. They are right next to the Sandos Playacar on one side and the Riu Yucatan on the other side. Great reviews.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,251 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Resorts w/in 10 min of PDC?

If the beach is important to you, check out Sandos, from all comments and reviews you will find they currently have the best beach in Playcar.

Portsmouth, New...
Level Contributor
168 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Resorts w/in 10 min of PDC?

if you booked the RPDC -try looking into the Gran next door. The sister resort. Its cheaper - and IN town. Both the RPDC and the Gran are IN PDC.. not a five minute walk.. One short block from 5th Ave.

We stayed at the RPDC - and loved it. We had dinner at the Gran, and walked around the resort.. It thought it was quite nice!

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Pittsburgh, Cancun
Level Contributor
5,359 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Resorts w/in 10 min of PDC?

asmit4--Check out Playacar Palace (a Palace Resort property), it is a short 5 minute or less walk to 5th Ave. and because you are staying in a Palace Resort you will have access to all other Palace Resorts and also free tours, as you probably know since you stayed at Aventura Spa Palace before. Go to palaceresorts.com to check it out and if you are interested in booking through a member and saving money and getting lots of perks, let me know.

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,359 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Resorts w/in 10 min of PDC?

asmit4-One more thing about Playacar Palace......it is located by the ferry to Cozumel, so you can just hop on it and take a ride over to Cozumel Palace also, if you like., explore , snorkel, have dinner, watch the sunset and then return to Playacar Palace.

Check out the reviews of Playacar Palace here on TA.

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,359 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Resorts w/in 10 min of PDC?

bump for asmit4