We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheese for Two

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
257 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Cheese for Two

Almost 6 years ago, on a trip to PV my friend and I went to the resort's Mexican restaurant and there was an appetizer called "cheese for two". It was cheese melted in a cast iron pan with sauteed mushrooms, onions, and peppers. You glopped it on little corn tortillas. It was a piece of heaven!

Has anyone run into this sort of dish in Playa? And more specifically at The Royal Playa del Carmen?

My friend and I will be there in January and would like to share "Cheese for Two" again!

kansas city
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheese for Two

it is called fundito

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,766 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheese for Two

Also known as queso fundido. Lots of variations in recipes, many have chorizo, some don't. Google it, there's lots of recipes and not only does it look yummy, looks easy to do.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
967 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheese for Two

hmmm.. yummy. there is also a similar dish called a mocajete - it's a stone bowl thats filled with cheese and various items (seafood, beef, chicken, or veggies) that gets thrown in the ove and that you eat directly or spoon it onto tortillas.

Iowa
Level Contributor
949 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheese for Two

don't remember seeing it on any of the menus at the Royal b/c if it had been, I'd have ordered it! Think Carboncito's has a dish similar to that.

5. Re: Cheese for Two

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 04:18