We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family oriented upscale resort with condos

chicago
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
Family oriented upscale resort with condos

Just starting my research on playa del carmen. Family with 2 young kids (5 and 3). Can anyone suggest a relatively upscale resort with associated condos - i.e. rent a condo in the same complex as the hotel and walk to/use the hotel's amenities such as pool, restaurants, etc. We like the convenience of a condo for the separate bedroom and kitchen, but the amenities of a resort. Don't have a good sense of area, but something that is close to fifth ave (i guess by taxi?) would also be good. Thanks...

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
731 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Family oriented upscale resort with condos

Hi navelgazer,

I noticed that there has not yet been a response to your question. I am bumping it up in hope that one of our helpful members will see your post this time around and be able to give you some personal advice.

In the mean time, I found some informative reviews of acomodations that might be helpful.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Search?returnTo=__2F__ForumHome&q=playa+del+carmen%2C+mexico+condo+resorts&sub-search=Go&geo=1

Good luck with your travel plans!

Springfield...
Level Contributor
9,502 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family oriented upscale resort with condos

You might want to check out the Royal Haciendas and the Royal Mayan. They don't have condos but timeshares you can rent. You can find them on redweek.com. Prices seem to be very reasonable. They are only about a 5 minute drive north of Playa del Carmen and are fairly new (built in 2006).

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,616 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family oriented upscale resort with condos

I second the Royal Haciendas . They are near Playa, the Royal Mayan is in Cancun. They are condos but are part of a timeshare complex and are beautiful units with great facilities. Dont let the timeshare designation scare you--Royal Resorts probably has the best reputation in the business and are well operated with no pressure to buy.

chicago
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Family oriented upscale resort with condos

Louise - thanks for the bump and candylady/robert thanks for the advice. I checked out Royal Hacienda - great recommendation - looks like a really nice property and the resort has enough amenities for us that we don't need an associated hotel/resort.

If you get back to this post, a few questions:

- reviews suggest swimming is not the best here. is the swimming better in playacar area and is there something like Royal Hacienda in playacar?

- any idea what's going on with construction at royal hacienda? is phase 3/4 construction going on right now?

thanks again...

5. Re: Family oriented upscale resort with condos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 04:15