We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation: Cancun Airport to Occidental Grand Xcaret

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, AB
3 posts
Save Topic
Transportation: Cancun Airport to Occidental Grand Xcaret

Hi There,

I've planned a surprise honeymoon for 3 weeks from now to the Occidental Grand Xcaret. Wondering what people's experiences have been with transportation from the airport in Cancun to the resort/Playa Del Carman. What's the best way to get there?

I am debating these three options:

1. Shuttle/Bus Service (can anyone give me some info on this option? I don't know where to look - does the hotel offer a shuttle service or a bus?)

2. Hire a Town Car Driver from Enterntainment Plus for $105 round trip

3. Rent a car, as I want to also do one day of sightseeing of either Chichenitza or Tulum (haven't decided yet) Total cost through Alamo will be $200 including extra insurance

I've read about the erratic drivers down there, but I've done the west coast of North America 4 times in the last 4 years (Calgary to Vegas, Anaheim, San Fran, Red Woods, Oregon and Seattle and back) and have no problem with driving in different situations.

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks : )

Calgary, AB
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation: Cancun Airport to Occidental Grand Xcaret

bump - anyone?

SW VA
Level Contributor
1,601 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation: Cancun Airport to Occidental Grand Xcaret

I would do the rental or taxi, the shuttle makes too many stops and you have to wait on it to fill up. I personally like to leave the driving to someone else. The resort might have a better deal for you if you contact them.

Quicker to the resort, quicker to relax.

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,257 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation: Cancun Airport to Occidental Grand Xcaret

I know for a fact that the resort recommends BALAM transportation. I might use them or Entertainment Plus. Just can't decide. I will use whoever I choose for our private trip to Chichen Itza as well. We rented a car in Cozumel but have no desire in Playa. I swear the driving is worse there!!

Calgary, AB
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation: Cancun Airport to Occidental Grand Xcaret

thanks for the responses, much appreciated.

kansas city
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation: Cancun Airport to Occidental Grand Xcaret

we always use lomas travel - can get shuttle or private transportation

albuquerque
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation: Cancun Airport to Occidental Grand Xcaret

My family (spouse, 15, 16, and 18 year old) will be at Occidental Grand during Christmas. Wondering which transport you took to the hotel. I've been to the area before and the drivers are reckless. Thanks.

7. Re: Transportation: Cancun Airport to Occidental Grand Xcaret

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 11:36