We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apple vacations transportation CUN to Riu Palace Mexico????

Gulf Shores, Alabama
Level Contributor
747 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Apple vacations transportation CUN to Riu Palace Mexico????

My group is traveling in February. We arrive early AM on a Thursday. Any idea how many stops we will make before we get to the Riu complex? There are 10 of us traveling and our travel agent seems to think we may get our own bus, but the buses I've seen in the past were huge and I doubt they would send one of those for just 10 people. We can handle one or two stops but not 15, otherwise we will hire our own private transport. Just looking for a general idea from anyone that has traveled on Apple and stayed either at one of the Riu's or as far south as the Playa del Carmen are. Thanks.

Northern US
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,027 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Apple vacations transportation CUN to Riu Palace Mexico????

There really is no way of knowing how many stops your transport will make. It all depends on how many people have booked nearby resorts and February is the busiest time of year.

Apple offers "non-stop" transfers to and from your resort for an additional $30 pp. That's what I always choose.

Michigan
Level Contributor
513 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Apple vacations transportation CUN to Riu Palace Mexico????

As I recall when we stayed at the Riu Palace Mexico (5 yrs ago) it was non-stop until we got into the Playacar area where the resorts are located. Then I recall we stopped at the Riu Tequila and one other one before RPM. We were the last stop.

I would choose the non-stop transfer if I were you.

Wayne, New Jersey
Level Contributor
743 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Apple vacations transportation CUN to Riu Palace Mexico????

I have an apple non-stop (not private) transfer booked for friday. What are the chances of having to sit and wait at the airport for others going to our resort to arrive? Anyone know?

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,259 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Apple vacations transportation CUN to Riu Palace Mexico????

I love Apple Vacations BUT we paid for non stop to OGX and I swear we stopped something like 5 or 6 times. Make sure if you pay for non stop that they mean non stop!!! Not sure what happened in our case. That is our only complaint about our trip. Apple made it very easy for our first trip down.

dracut,ma
Level Contributor
213 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Apple vacations transportation CUN to Riu Palace Mexico????

We used the apple nonstop before. We did have to wait for another party of four. We were driven to our hotel first even though we passed their hotel 10 minutes before ours. But we paid for non stop and they didn't. We now arrange our own transportation. We booked a van for $125 round trip through USA Transfers and were very happy with them.I think it would probably be cheaper doing the transfers yourself than going through apple because they charge by the van not by the person.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
156 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Apple vacations transportation CUN to Riu Palace Mexico????

We stayed at the Riu Palace Mexico three times. Once through Apple and twice through Funjet. Each time, there were no more than 10 people in our van. It was just us though and we probably made 2 stops each time. It really wasn't too bad. Have you tried calling Apple directly or the company that runs their transportation? If it really is $30 extra per person for nonstop, that is $300. I am not an expert but I would think you could arrange your own transporation for less than that.

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,786 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Apple vacations transportation CUN to Riu Palace Mexico????

While we don't use Apple or Funjet, in Canada it has to be Sunquest and we've also found that it was direct through until we reached Playacar. Usually they'll drop off the Palace guests first. We quite enjoy meeting the other folks on the van, finding out where they're going, have they been before, etc. It gets rid of that hour trip in a hurry.

Southern Illinois
Level Contributor
2,691 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Apple vacations transportation CUN to Riu Palace Mexico????

We always use the free Apple transport. I would bet that you get a van for all of you. We've been put in a private taxi, a 6 person van, an 11 person van, and the big bus. The big bus sucked. The vans don't make but 1 or 2 stops. Save your money and have a nice dinner in town. Its handy too when you're leaving for the airport, but usually that's the big bus. You'll get to see a few resorts up close.

9. Re: Apple vacations transportation CUN to Riu Palace Mexico????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 23:18