We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Riviera Princess-upgrade quetion for past guests

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
249 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Riviera Princess-upgrade quetion for past guests

We have 2 swim up rooms reserved for 11/29 - 12/6. We've heard this is the beginning of busy season and we're hoping for an upgrade to platinum. I'm wondering if anyone gets a complimentary upgrade from from swim up to platinum, or if they just assume people who reserved swim up wouldn't want to be moved to any other catagory. If you received a free upgrade, I'd like to know what room category you actually reserved compared to what you actually got. Thanks.

Bowmanville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Riviera Princess-upgrade quetion for past guests

Deluxe Jr Suite upgraded to Platinum (x 30 ppl). All of our wedding guests....

Just e-mail the hotel before hand (a few days) and ask again at check-in "if occupancy permitts, is there any way to be considered for an upgrade to platinum...

It all depends on who answeres your e-mail and who checks you in....

~A~

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
378 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Riviera Princess-upgrade quetion for past guests

Hey Mzlinda, we too are there Nov 29-Dec 6, we now have 2 reg jr. suite rooms. I have yet to write my letter requesting a specific type of room, or location. I really doubt that they will give us swim-up rooms, but boy would we love that...so maybe you can mention in your letter, that you know of someone that would gladly take your old room assignments (you know, just to save them the trouble of reassigning the swim-up rooms).

wisconsin
Level Contributor
748 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Riviera Princess-upgrade quetion for past guests

We had 10Junior rooms booked & when we got there my son ~encouraged~ them with a $50 bill to upgrade us all. Only got us all into Deluxe junior suites!

4. Re: Grand Riviera Princess-upgrade quetion for past guests

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 03:19