We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

toddler advice in mexico please

12 posts
Save Topic
toddler advice in mexico please

hey everyone. needing some advice. going to playa in a week or so and started worrying about the food, milk, etc for my younger ones especially. have a 2 and 4 yr old and i was told by a friend that we should not eat any fruit that cant be peeled, salads or raw vegetable that arent peeled since the water they would use to clean it is contaminated..... and no ice cubes.

Anyone who has travelled to this area with young kids plese tell me how it was!!! i was going to call our pediatrician, but i thought real experience may be more beneficial. Thanks!!!

Manchester, New...
Level Contributor
325 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: toddler advice in mexico please

We used our car seats in the transfer down. We had a private transfer van. The traffic in and out of the airport moves at a good clip. The ride to Sandos Playacar will be a good 45 minutes.

We didn't use the car seats in the taxi's but held on tight. I wouldn't use a car seat in a taxi in the US either.

Assuming you bought ticket for the 2 year old, it is also nice just to put the car seat in the plane and strap them in especially if they sleep.

Milwaukee
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: toddler advice in mexico please

I took a car seat along with us on the airplane to Morocco (and paid for the airline seat) and it was nothing but a pain. We chose not to take a car seat this time with us to Mexico and it was fine.

Colorado
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: toddler advice in mexico please

My 21 month old ate at our all inclusive...no issues, last week. He also ate places along 5th Ave. Our room came with a fridge so we would stock milk in extra bottles we brought but they had 24 hour room service.

Just bring kids tynelnol (sp) and maybe benedryl (sp) just in case.

T

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
7,706 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: toddler advice in mexico please

kk, others covered the safety issues with food/water, etc. I just want to say the Cancun airport has been renovated and is much larger and very much nicer than it was in the past. I wouldn't worry about waiting on tarmac too much. Never had it happen before or after.

Manchester, New...
Level Contributor
325 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: toddler advice in mexico please

I've had it happen as early/late (being out on the tarmac) as 2007 coming in on Delta. If there have been that many changes I am excited!!!

16. Re: toddler advice in mexico please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 20:17