We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Sunset.

victoria bc
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Topic
Grand Sunset.

Well, more snow over the weekend, this is Victoria

whats going on, I'm having golf withdrawals. Oh well

Jan 10, can't come soon enough. 21 of us on that plane, won't be much fun. I have three questions.

1. Internet cafe on site.

2. We all have Deluxe Jr suites,we are told because we booked with Transat, they are nearest to the beach?, would you recommend upgrade to swim up,

are they near beach as well, if so,at checkin or

call hotel now.

3.I understand we want the sunny side, which one?

Thank you,

Buck.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
204 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Sunset.

Hey bucknaked,

Greetings from the East coast.Here is a weather update:30cmm of snow last night in Moncton with wind gusts to 100km hr.Tonight -15 with wind chill to -30.Our group of 16 have 123 more sleeps until we are at GRP.To answer part of your second question,we booked the deluxe jr suites and they tell me that they are closer to the beach.If I could get away right now I would settle for a tent on the beach.

Canterbury, CT
Level Contributor
333 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Sunset.

There is an internet cafe on-site, right next to the Sports Bar. Yes, the deluxe junior suites are closer to the beach. The swim-up rooms are on the front side of those buildings facing the pools. Unfortunately, the swim-up rooms for the GSP are always in the shade so the water must be very cold. The GRP swim-ups are directly in the sunshine. It's a wonderful place - enjoy!!!

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
968 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Sunset.

We went with Transat and were at GRP - the swim-ups on this side are in the sun through early evening. I don't know that I would pay extra for the swim-up - the other suites are just as nice. Be aware that not all ground floor suites are swim-ups (i think swim-ups are the even numbered rooms). We were in the next to last building (i think 17) and were quite close to the beach and the 2 beach buffet restaurants.

Charlottetown PE
Level Contributor
92 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Sunset.

I would highly recommend the upgrade to the swim ups. We were there last May, and will be returning again this May. For us, swim up is the way to go. Bar service was excellent around swim up suite area. Keep in mind that they only allow guests over 18 in these rooms.

Cheryl Anne

Oakville
Level Contributor
601 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Sunset.

Yes there is a internet cafe on site. Very busy both times we were there. It's near the sports bar sunset side near lobby lower level.

D JR suites are in the bottom half of the resort. From the middle to the Platinum suites which are the closest to the beach. The swim up rooms look like alot of fun. We saw alot of people with I pods or laptops with skinny external speakers playing on there deck while using there swim ups. Looked great.

Riverside is the sunny side if you want something facing the pools. If you want jungle facing rooms that have more sun stay sunset.

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
249 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Sunset.

If you have a preference for the sunny side (riviera) vs. shady side (sunset) you better try to let them know in advance because rooms are assigned before you arrive. We booked a swimup room on the Riviera side but received a swim up room on the Sunset side. They were not at all willing to change our room (to the side we actually booked) when we got there even though we asked right at the desk when we were checking in. Our balcony was in the shade 100% of the time which made it just too cold to swim out.

In my opinion, I would only book the swim up room if Transat can make sure it will be on the riviera side. I assume Transat would have some influence because they send so much business there.

As for the internet cafe, I used it 2 or 3 times when I was there and never had to wait more than a few minutes. Most guests were very good about the self-imposed 30 minute time limit.

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
107 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Sunset.

We stayed at the GSP last May in a swim-up room. We really loved it and for me it is the only way to go. Of course we stayed in May but there was plenty of sunshine on the sunset side, I loved being able to walk right down the steps from the room and being in the water. However you go you will have a great time. Enjoy!

victoria bc
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Sunset.

Hey Everyone,

Thank you for the replies,and advice. I think I will

be emailing or calling the hotel and grovelling.

So in Victoria,today we are told we have the most snow in Canada for major urban centres. Now what is

the world coming to. 17 more sleeps.

Take Care,

Have a Merry Christmas,

Buck.

9. Re: Grand Sunset.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 14:21