We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Church service in playa?

Ohio
Level Contributor
335 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Church service in playa?

Is there a Methodist church in Playa or if not, how about a place where the locals attend? Thanks

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
647 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Church service in playa?

Rick,

I haven't been to this area of Mexico, but to several others. Most of the locals are Catholic, but you can usually find at least a non-denominational Christian church, if not Methodist. If someone here doesn't give you a better answer, check with the hotel staff. :)

kansas city
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Church service in playa?

i have only seen Catholic churches

Belton, Texas
Level Contributor
450 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Church service in playa?

There are others... we found a church of Christ and a Baptist Church.. We worshipped at the Church of Christ two times before finding the Baptist church our last visit to Playa. They were very welcoming to us. Even though we speak only a little spanish- the Pastor had a gentleman translate for us a lot to help out an make us feel even more welcomed. We also had taken the Gideon Bible from the resort. It had both English and Spanish translations side by side so that helped also!

We take Spanish Bibles and Spanish Biblical Coloring books for the children when we go.. They are always most appreciative. Last 3 visist we took 25-30 Bibles with us to give them..

Ask hotel staff. There is also a non denominational Christian chuch available.

Medicine Hat...
Level Contributor
337 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Church service in playa?

There is a beautiful Catholic open air church.

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
647 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Church service in playa?

Mom,

Where is it? My Mom is Catholic and would probably like to see it.

Medicine Hat...
Level Contributor
337 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Church service in playa?

OOOPS sorry Rick. I thought you wrote Puerto Morelos. Playa is huge though, I'm sure you'll have no problem finding one..

7. Re: Church service in playa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 03:19