We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dress code at BBGE

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manitoba
3 posts
Save Topic
dress code at BBGE

Do the alacarte restaurants enforce the dress code of pants.

Chilliwack, B.C.
Level Contributor
540 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dress code at BBGE

they sure did when we were there in May, didn't seem to matter who you were or how pressed your shorts were, we saw men leaving to change while their wives waited for their return. Very much enforced

Cheers

Marjorie

Level Contributor
169 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dress code at BBGE

so there's nowhere you can eat without wearing "long" dress pants (except the buffet of course)?? really??

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
11,547 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dress code at BBGE

Long pants required For sure. Even Enclosed shoes!

I think I read that at Steak House and Seafood(located on the Beach and Open/NOT airconditioned) men could wear dress Sandels. But we did NOT see any,and NO shorts are allowed there either .So I packed light shoes for the restaurants..

This is a 5 star remember, so even the night Buffet is Fancy and AirConditioned.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
84 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: dress code at BBGE

So you are saying that I should have my boyfriend pack long pants (are jeans okay - i am guessing no?) and closed-toe shoes?

What about for the ladies? Can I wear dress shorts and sandles?

Level Contributor
169 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: dress code at BBGE

if possible, i'd like some clarification as well as we stayed at a Sandals resort last year and they werent this strict. Thanks.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
84 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: dress code at BBGE

I have just emailed BBGE to get some clarification. I will keep you posted.

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
11,547 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: dress code at BBGE

Yes ladys can wear anything...lol, NOT fair.

I did see jeans, but remember it is HOT,and light trousers would be more comfortable.

Yes BBGE enforces the dress code.

I tried to pin down the Enclosed shoes for men before we went,I thought dress sandels would do, but finally just gave up and took a pair for Hubby, GLAD I did. Pack them to be on safe side.

You can make room for them, leave your shampoo ,cond.home as BBGE supplies them.

8. Re: dress code at BBGE

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 22:18